So my fishes with Ich died...now what?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crudnugget

AC Members
Sep 23, 2007
Three of my Rummy Nose tetras had ich. I noticed the white cysts on them on Sunday. Tonight the last of them died. None of my other fish are showing cysts, but I know that the parasites are still in my tank.

I have been treating it with Kordon Rid-Ich+. Should I just continue dosing my tank for the recommended seven days, then consider everything ok if none of my other fish develop the white cysts?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Fish don't really develop the white spots. Those are parasites that embed themselves on the fish's epidermis. Continue treatment for a week after ich appears to have disappeared. What other fish do you have? Feed them plenty of foods, increase frequency of water changes and increase temp to 84 degrees.

crudnugget

AC Members
Sep 23, 2007
Yeah I've been doing a bit of reading about Ich since this is my first aquarium. I have increased the temperature about 1.5 degrees per day for the last couple days and it's now at 82-83. The fish remaining are 3 Bloodfin tetras, 1 BN Pleco, and 1 Candy Stripe Pleco. It's a 29g lightly planted.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Yeah I've been doing a bit of reading about Ich since this is my first aquarium. I have increased the temperature about 1.5 degrees per day for the last couple days and it's now at 82-83. The fish remaining are 3 Bloodfin tetras, 1 BN Pleco, and 1 Candy Stripe Pleco. It's a 29g lightly planted.
They'll be fine with 84 degrees, at least for now. You can resume to your normal schedule once treatment is done.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store