What should I pay for 125 gallon used from craigslist

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
I'm in talks with a man about purchasing his 125 gallon tank.

It comes with an oak stand, 2 eheim pro II canisters, heater, glass top and flourescent light fixture.

He will include gravel and rocks if I wish as the tank is currently setup and running in his house with african cichlids.

He is asking $550.

I went to his house and viewed the tank in person. Everything appears to be in working order but the tank could use a good cleaning.

Is this ballpark for this setup? or should I offer less?

Any input is appreciated :)

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
He is working on his PhD at the local college and wants to get out of the hobby. The tank has been for sale now on craigslist for 16 days. He is also selling 3 other smaller tanks that I'm not really interested in.

I just wanted to get some feedback from someone else. To me $550 seems a little high.

oh the light fixture is just your standard flourescent strip light. Two 36 inch tubes I think.

ChrisK

AC Members
Aug 10, 2008
Sulphur, LA
thats really just a throw away light...I'd say 175 max for the tank and stand 30 for the glass top and 100 each for filters so 400-450 max...I bet he takes it!!! Let us know. And welcome to AC by the way

titansfever83

AC Members
Oct 8, 2007
AL
Definitely try to go lower, I paid 300 for mine but it did not come with a filter, well not a canister, it come with a small 20 gal sump made by crystal clear exotics. Though the man did give me a very nice and very tall Oceanic stand and the aquarium is ALLGLASS.

try 400 or 450, the worst he can say is no. He will not be needing the money once he gets out of school:silly:

titansfever83

AC Members
Oct 8, 2007
AL
Looks like a really nice clean tank. Though I'm sure there are a few scratches where those big a$$ rocks are.

Really depends how bad you want it. If you plan to use everything he is offering then all you need is water, right?

I bought two heaters, an FX5, new substrate...... So I probably have about $600+/- in my 125 gal.

yourchoice

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Toronto
Even with the conversion to Canadians funds I think that tank would sell pretty fast at$500- 550us.Nice filters.

What do you plan on keeping?Looks 18-20in high.

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
I'd say bout 300 for all of it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store