Top Fin Tanks any good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gambusia

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
I saw this brand at a Petsmart and they seem to be cheaper than All Glass.

I have three All Glass tanks and think they are the best.

But is Top Fin (or whatever it was called) good on a budget??

I've got three rainbow trout to move.

Thanks

Puffernewbee

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
Katy, TX
Mine leaked

I bought a Top Fin from Petsmart and it leaked. I returned it and got an All Glass from Petco for the same price. Not saying anything bad about Top Fin because I may have just gotten a lemon. I am sure people have had to take back a new All Glass due to a leak also. I do feel though that the All Glass feels a little heavier though.

1tankneverenuff

CephHead
Feb 13, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
Puffernewbee said:
I bought a Top Fin from Petsmart and it leaked. I returned it and got an All Glass from Petco for the same price. Not saying anything bad about Top Fin because I may have just gotten a lemon. I am sure people have had to take back a new All Glass due to a leak also. I do feel though that the All Glass feels a little heavier though.
I believe All-Glass tends to use a thicker glass for their tanks. Hence their price differences with larger tanks.

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
I've had a 10g top fin for about 14 months now. No problem what so ever. Only, the hood sucks, the "feeding hole" leaves no room for cleaning, you have to remove the hood all together.

my only complaint.

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Gambusia said:
I saw this brand at a Petsmart and they seem to be cheaper than All Glass.

I have three All Glass tanks and think they are the best.

But is Top Fin (or whatever it was called) good on a budget??

I've got three rainbow trout to move.

Thanks

IME Top fin tanks have lasted longer and have been better than All glass aquariums. I've had 2 out of 3 All glass aquariums leak after only a year. I don't know where you're shopping though, all glass should easily be cheaper than Top fin. At least 10-15 dollars cheaper.

Gambusia

AC Members
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
The big chain stores in US are usually cheaper than the LFS stores.

My LFS carry Perfecto and All Glass only.

I live in North Carolina.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store