Well, lots of changes in the fish wall. The 200gal has turned from FW to SW, the 75 has gone from BW to FW, and one tank sprung a leak. The 150 housing the asian biotope blew a seam. Due to finances, I will not be replacing it. Since everything in there was fairly small and it was lightly stocked, I moved everything over to the 75 it was next to. Now I have a leaky tank to get rid of. In its place, the 30 gallon moved up from the floor to the middle level - cleaning it was just too much of
This was built to be the home to my alligator snapping turtle. I had been keeping her in a plastic kiddie pool for about a year and a half, and was starting to question how much longer it was going to hold up. That, and it looked pretty crappy. So, I built her a new place. It holds about 220gal or so. It has a 4'x5' footprint, with 18" high walls. One 5' wall has a glass window, the rest is just plywood. I used 3/4" BC plywood for the main box, using the sanded side in. The top and bottom
Alright in December I made my own 2 part supplement from the article on reefkeeping. On 12/12, before I started dosing, my water params were:
This is mainly for my own purposes but I just wanted a place to keep all my DIY links together for projects etc.
DIY liverock on RC
Here's the build thread for my pond. Construction began June 2008.
Here's how it started. There was an herb garden in this bed, I ripped it all out .
After about 2 hours , here's what I ended up with: