View RSS Feed

malken

1. no shrimp

I haven't seen any shrimp since I took out the drawbridge deco I had in there and replaced it with a Buddha head deco.

I've found and removed two bodies but the rest seem to have completely vanished. granted there's a lot more cover available in the buddha head and in the now overgrown foliage but I think I may have inadvertantly killed off my shrimps.

the water tests fine. I don't know what I did wrong.
    Categories
    6.6 Bookshelf
  2. guppy lost

One of the two male guppies I piched up the other day died the next day. when I got home from work I found him stuck in the filter intake. I got him out pretty quickly but the damage had been done. his leopard print tail had been torn to ribbons and within a minute he was on the intake again. I euthanized him because he looked like he was suffering alot. Had I thought about it more rather than reacting on instinct I might have thought to put him in the 6.6 where there are no other fish, a guarded ...
    Categories
    30 L
  3. guppies

Well, My lfs did away with their saturday special so I figure I'll go with something a bit easier to find.

I already have 3 unspectacular guppies so I figure I'll add a few fancy guppies. I'm thinking I'll go with as wide a variety of colors as I can largely for the aesthetic value. I'm still not sure how many I can put in there comfortably but I intend to add them 2-3 at a time to avoid an ammo spike. I'm planning on picking up a few today if the lfs has any nice looking ...
    Categories
    30 L
  4. 2 O'Clock and all's weeeeeellllllll

Not much has been going on in the thirty. Bowie is growing up nicely. I still have the 3 feeder guppies in there.

My LFS has a saturday special, buy one fish get a second for $0.01. So, every Saturday I call in to ask if they have white skirt tetras. no luck thusfar. the cost of fish is usually a big discouragement for me to buy schooling fish. at $3 each, for a school of 8 whiteskirts I'd be looking at $24 which I can't really spare. $12.04 of course would be much easier ...
    Categories
    30 L
  5. general pics

the tank itself

big mama is berried again (can't wait to hear the infransonic pitter patter of wee shrimp swimming and grazing)

I promise better pics as my photography skill improves. not too bad though considering I'm using the camera on my cell phone ...

Updated 06-20-2008 at 4:20 PM by malken

Categories
    6.6 Bookshelf
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast