View RSS Feed

Grins' Reef

1. Coral Rejuvination

Sometimes we get ahold of the perfect coral specimen. Other times we have the promise of a coral that could be revived to look like it's mother colony. And still other times we run across a coral that looks as if it has little hope.

The following are a few examples of all of the above.

common name: branching hammer
    scientific name: Euphillia parancora
    adoption: November ...
    Categories
    Corals
  2. Spike's Midnight Walk

tank name: Spike
    common name: Red Brittle Starfish
    scientific name: Ophiocoma sp.
    adoption: December 2007 Fintastic

After putting Spike into the tank around Christmas he pretty much decided to become roomates with the dragon goby and stay hidden except for a few late night flashes of "Hey was that Spike?" I only knew he was rooming with George because George had taken to ...
    Categories
    Invertebrates
  3. Protecting Your Anemones from Your Tank

I will probably have to come back and edit this at some point because tonight I'm not in the best of moods. Anyone that has been following the saga of my roving rose bubble tip anemone and my latest powerhead woes understands why.

First let me say that the anemone is fine. Well fine might be generous, but it is not in a pureed state and that is a plus right?

Anyone that has kept anemones will tell you that if they don't like something they'll just get up and move. Some ...
    Categories
    Specs & Misc.
  4. Christmas Update: Zoa/Paly Photos

Getting used to the new light bulbs I treated myself to this week and thought I'd post some of the photos gallery style. The photos still aren't coming out as clear as I'd like and if I don't figure out how to compensate for the blue of the bulbs (they blur the bright colors) I may pull my hair out.

Ha, did you expect me to name them all? I know a few names but for the most part I find names ...
    Categories
    Corals
  5. Christmas Update: Softie Photos

Getting used to the new light bulbs I treated myself to this week and thought I'd post some of the photos gallery style. The photos still aren't coming out as clear as I'd like and if I don't figure out how to compensate for the blue of the bulbs (they blur the bright colors) I may pull my hair out.

Top Row:
    Striped Mushroom, Ricordea Yuma

Bottom Row:
    Ricordea Florida, ...
    Categories
    Corals
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast