View RSS Feed

Equipment Reviews

I thought that my blog would provide a limited number of section: First is equipment reviews as I have used/purchased/sold all sorts of equipment and maybe someone else can benefit from my experiences; Second is information about keeping Wrasses adn third will be everything ricordea (florida/yuma) related. I am going to start with the equipment reviews and then add the others as I can. Hope this provides some helpful information.

1. Spectrapure MAXCAP RO/DI System

Almost forgot. I just received as a gift from a friend the Spectrapure MAXCAP RO/DI Unit with dual TDS meters (one in and one out). I really like the unit, it is very easy to operate and trouble shoot (not had to do much yet) and easy to install. I am not into the H2O tech, so I can't tell you how many microns, etc. Just makes good, clean - NO PHOSPHATE water.

My summary: IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. AquaController III by Neptune Systems

I started out with an AquaController Jr from Neptune Systems and loved it and moved up to an AquaController III. The reason I made the change was becuase of the number of items that I was controlling with the unit. You use the controller in conjunction with a control unit such as the DC8 - esentially just an 8 socket extension that each of the sockets is controlled individually by the ACIII. The programming is simple, the features (self test, ethernet, firmware upgradeable, can control 2 ph probes, ...
  3. Tunze 9015 Protein Skimmer

Ok, this purchase fell into "the take a deep breath" category. I had already worked with a Coralife 65 and an Octopus recirculating skimmer (1000) which I wasn't to pleased with for the amount of skimmate I was getting and the room it took up in my sump.

I did a lot of reading on the web and decided to purchase a Tunze PS, but didn't want to spend the money again later when I get a bigger tank. Well I purchased the Tunze 9015 protein skimmer and it provided the features ...
  4. Tunze 6045 Power Head

This little gem has all the great features of the 6055 except - and it is a big one, it is not controllable, flow wise. It is on/off. It is also only $97 compared to it's brother of $199 for the 6055. Is is the same size and the flow rate is 1149 gph, so slightly less than the 6055 at a max of 1453 gph.

My summary: good purchase and great companion to the 6055, these two are the only ph's in my tank and they do a great job - no dead spots and took the place of 2-Hydor No.2's and 1 ...

Updated 12-30-2007 at 12:20 PM by Almondsaz

Categories
    Section 1: EQUIPMENT REVIEWS - My experiences
  5. Tunze 7091 Single Controller

It is just that, will only control one powerhead. It is an interesting feature in that you use this with the 6055, which already has a flow adjustment speed on the power supply. The benefit, is that you can set it for a pulse between a high flow and low flow rate (pulse) and that you can set the cycle speed of the pulse. This is the only time that I have noticed noise in the 6055, when I use the single controller and it didn't appear until several days later after installation. IMO I would not purchase ...

Updated 12-30-2007 at 12:20 PM by Almondsaz

Categories
    Section 1: EQUIPMENT REVIEWS - My experiences
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast