This is the parent category for anything dealing with my aquarium.
With the completion of the ATO, I was finally ready to do the aquascaping.
As if you couldn't tell, all the lights are off around the aquarium and things were a little cloudy after the initial fill of water.
The parts are assymbled, the float switches, RO/DI system, solenoid valves, and control box are installed. It's now time to start putting the aquarium plumbing back together and get ready for aquascaping. Oh yea...the wiring is done too!
Finally something to show for my efforts!
Over the weekend I actually got to spend some serious time working on my overly complicated DIY ATO project.
If there's one thing that I cannot be accused of that is that thing would be getting in hurry. I started on this project months ago and have yet to even start cycling the tank.
Over the weekend I finally drained the tap water out of the tank and sump/fuge that I was using for testing the plumbing. I also got the water/drain lines run for the Mighty Mite RO/DI system and I have the Mighty Mite mounted inside the stand. I have the solenoid valves mounted as well.
While I doubt that anyone actually read the trilogy of a blog-log (that really...really...really long one), all of the parts are here for my overly complicated ATO system. At least until I start to assemble the system. I'm sure that during my installation of the required plumbing to and from the tank, mounting of the various components, as well as the assembly of the control box, I'll find at least a few things that I didn't account for.
I'm gonna start tonight!