View RSS Feed

SnailRider gets AC

Yep, the snail rider must ride in comfort, nothing like AC to make it nice.

Zipping along at an unbelievable pace, the snail is dedicated to making the moose eat crow. (sorry crows)

Snails multiply and that is their strength. Some like snails very tasty.

1. Rattlesnake

I encountered my first rattlesnake last week when I was going out on my back porch.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 42 gallon diy cube from scratch

Built this tank system from scratch. Glass was from Mervins going out of business. 3/8 plate 22 x 22 inches. The moulding was purchased to trim the tank.

Stand was built out of plywood and 2x6's then trimmed with store bought pieces.

The rock, this is man made also, using concrete, sand and oyster shells. This is by far the best rock I have made. At time of picture, this rock has been made for one week, and is in the saltwater.

Some live sand was added ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images    
  3. Slow moving train

I actually have fresh water stuff too. Made a custom rock for them to bask on, and look what happens
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A year or so later

just a couple pics of my rock a year later. Ricky and Lucy have been happy now for over a year in the tank. If you click on the diy rock sculptures category, you can see this rock before it ever hit a tank. It is the one on the blue tub under the rock lady sculpture.

Updated 05-09-2009 at 12:03 AM by snailrider

Categories
    DIY Reef Rock Sculptures
  5. Risqué Base Rock

As some of you already know, I have been making rock for salt aquariums. My latest creation was just for fun. Perfect for that real beach look in your aquarium.

Hopefully you all can see the creative, artistic nature of this rock. The body is actually hollow with a few swim through holes. Trust me, you don't wanna know what I was thinking when I made this

The second picture is of a special type of rock for tanks. It is designed to sit flush on the bottom ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast