View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Betta Breeding and Depression

Wow, two weird subjects together. Last month was an interesting month. Had some real beauties come out of my fish room!

The reason I do all this is, something to do, something that I CAN do. It's odd, fun, gives me a chance to "tinker" with nature and shows results relatively quickly. A fish can be raised from fry in 3 months. Four generations a year can be raised.

I am not the best, nor do I strive to be the best (and spend all that money). I don't do this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. It's been a while, not much going on.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t=MVI_0598.flv

This guy came from crossing my best butterfly with a non-red female who has unusually wide dorsal base. Every one of the fry had a great dorsal base but none looked as good as this one. Since I am not trying for red, he just went into the rose garden...

JUST KIDDING! He is living with a friend of mine and loving life as a bachelor. Only one female turned out non-red with some flakes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Need brood!

Today was a tank cleaning day. Of course it never lasts, big fish in little jars, the water dirties quick.

I moved a brood of babies to a larger tank. Added water to some that are hatching RIGHT NOW - with the heater up and aeration high, the level drops quickly. This batch is very exciting as it's the second breeding of this Over Half Moon Royal Blue Butterfly male. Bred him with a white girl 82308. She is a beautiful girl. He left her fins completely alone, though she shredded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Frustrating fish!

How are your fishies doing? I just got a new brood of fry - working on my own White Veil Tail line. My half moons just won't breed right now, and I am going to try again next week. The royal blue butterfly that came from Jennifer - when GABBA met four months ago.

- I have tried to breed him for the past four months and he is MEAN! Finally got him to breed, and he ate the eggs. I took him out of the tank last night, and sure enough.. he missed two. So I have two fry - TWO! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Frustrating Betta breeding! Are my fish gay?

How are you? I have had the worst cold ever, and have been sick as a dog until last night when I started eating whole cloves of garlic and it went away. I am still tired, and my fish are not spawning - which is frustrating, but maybe tomorrow...

Just want to see how you are doing and how the fish are. My most frustrating couple is where I crossed an incredible white hm female with my giant veil tail. Both of them are average size, if not a little thicker in body. The males is cambodian ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast