View RSS Feed

My fish and aquatic adventures. :D

Within these pages I hope to (that means I plan on it but might not get to it lol)
keep track of
1. fishes that I've had
2. their lives, length of and how'd they lived/die of natural causes/etc, their funny antics and whatnot
3. fish-a-verseries
4. my tanks and all that that implies
5. experiments with diy projects (lol, I'm not very handy, but I can be enthusiastic, doesn't always work to my advantage lol)
6. anything else I can think of that may or may not be appropriate for a fish blog
7. I may let some of my fish do their own blogs if they behave *yelling in background, "No! Stop biting her! Stop! Sit! Roll over! Play dead! Wait! No! I was kidding about that last one! Aaaarghhhhh!"*
8. I just thought there should be another #.

Soooooo.........

Welcome, and read and proceed at your own risk.

1. Anubis Growing Experiment

by , 03-18-2011 at 1:22 AM (My fish and aquatic adventures. :D)
    October 2009 I bought an Anubis from Petsmart. As that is a very smart, reliable store, the instructions on package said to 'plant in substrate.' So I did. May 2010, by this time I had read more about Anubis's online and was under the impression they are like Java Fern and should be tied to something only and not planted, and I must leave the rhizome exposed (to light). So while I'm doing the big renovation of my 29g - changing the substrate from gravel to mostly sand (May ^), I decide to replant ...
  2. Java Moss Growing Experiment

by , 03-18-2011 at 12:51 AM (My fish and aquatic adventures. :D)
    I noticed while keeping a betta with a tumor in a basket that I'd siliconed to the inside of the tank (she couldn't swim up very far but still loved diving lol) that the java moss grew really well in that location. Ie, close to the light, lol. So I came up with an idea. (I don't have that basket anymore and always end up with moss all over the tank, filter, water removed when vacuuming, etc.) I decided to try wrapping some moss around a cork (bag of corks @ walmart about $3) and tying it with ...
  3. Update, Dec. 4, 2009

by , 12-04-2009 at 10:51 AM (My fish and aquatic adventures. :D)
    I named the dwarf gouramis,
    Neo(n) for the one believed to be male
    Spunk(y Brewster) for the girl (?)

Some weeks later,
    Neo jammed his head under a rock. (How/why the Frell did he do that?!)
    He died. Matrix material he was not.
    R.i.p. Neo

A few days later Spunk started swimming around with Nadette. Nadette wasn't sure what to think of that, lol.

Obtained a 'Tri-spotted blue' gouramis.
    I think it's a girl. Named Marley. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Algea better run!

by , 10-30-2009 at 7:27 AM (My fish and aquatic adventures. :D)
    Added two Otos.

They're so cute!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Disaster! Filter Explosion!?!

by , 10-25-2009 at 10:02 PM (My fish and aquatic adventures. :D)
    This morning, around 6am, I went upstairs to get ready for bed, and there was a weird and very noisy splashing noise coming from the tank
    (currantly a sterlite tub, 14.5g filled to about 10.5g, tied with rope several times and with a bungee cord across, 2 filters, -tetra?- 2-10gWhisper, & a 10-30gWhisper).

I ran to check it out and immediately noticed that the water line had dropped roughly an inch since I"d last seen it several hours ago, as well as - I could see a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast