View RSS Feed

malken

More Shrimps!!

Rate this Entry
This weekend I noticed my first baby shrimp. it was little more than a speck. I only saw it the one time and thusfar haven't spotted any others. I have noticed a smaller berried female.

the brown algae is still a big problem. The mrs. wants to get a pair of ottos to do the detail work on the brown algae and then I could transfer them into the 30 if they run low.

Right now I'm doing bi weekly water changes to reduce the nutrients in the water column. I think I'll throw some more hornwort from the 30 in there when I get home.

It just occurred to me, could the extra water changes harm the baby shrimp? possibly by reducing the nutrients they take in? I really don't know much about rcs, I'm just trying not to mess this up.

Submit "More Shrimps!!" to Digg Submit "More Shrimps!!" to del.icio.us Submit "More Shrimps!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "More Shrimps!!" to Google

Categories

Comments

extra water changes will keep the water nice and clean, which will ensure the baby's survival.
    I was concerned that I might accidentally suck one up w/ the gravel vac. how well can they hold on to stuff (java moss in particular)