Snail Infestations and Solutions to Eliminating them: Discussion thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
Snail Infestations and Solutions to Eliminating them: Discussion thread

Please post all discussion pertaining to THIS article in this thread.

great thread lupin!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
thanks lupin, this is a very common question and it looks to me like you covered all the bases. How do we go about getting this stickied? This question will surely be asked time and again.

edit: oh hey, how about mentioning the inverted bottle top trap in the Baiting Section?

Last edited:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
That's a wonderful write-up, Lupin. Thanks for posting such a great resource for us as a handy reference when others ask about this.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
thanks lupin, this is a very common question and it looks to me like you covered all the bases. How do we go about getting this stickied? This question will surely be asked time and again.

edit: oh hey, how about mentioning the inverted bottle top trap in the Baiting Section?
LOL..Ask Rachel or she'll be mad at me for using up another sticky space. The treatment sticky was bad enough not getting much responses which was why I stickied it in the first place to avoid being buried under hundreds of threads.:grinno:

I tried that trap with my loaches and ended up trapping the rams though.:lipssealedsmilie: PM me the details or post it here please, Pik as I haven't tried one for the snails.lol

pik01

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
San Jose, California
Bottle Top Trap

sure thing lupin.

Take a water bottle, remove the cap, and off with its head right where the bottle begins to taper.
DSCN2783.JPG

Trim so that there is a snug fit when you turn the top upside down and shove it into the bottle.
DSCN2785.JPG

Stick bait inside like a veggie or a delicious pellet, add some gravel or a plant weight to weigh down the trap, and place it in the tank on its side. Wait overnight and it should become Hotel Snailifornia - snails check in but they don't check out :eek3:

DSCN2783.JPG DSCN2785.JPG

Mexican Racoon

Se?or Member
Mar 13, 2005
Memphis, TN
YAY. This article was certainly in demand.

My tank is full of MTS, but I only see them when I gravel vac or hit the lights at night. I say, let em stay in the tank as long as they aren't hurting anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store