150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
Terrific work! I've been following this build since December. Learned a lot about CO2 injection.... and everything else. Plants look great!
Thanks for following the thread - glad you picked up a few things. Thanks to all the feedback from the forum members, I learned a great deal myself. The Co2 setup works really slick - thanks again Vader!

Thanks for the compliment on the plants - they are still a work in progress!

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
A couple of quick updates - had to move the elephant ears around to the side. They went from coming out of the 45 (only a couple of leaves that almost made it to the trash) to make excellent looking plants.

About ready for some ground cover. I tried blyxa (front center) - it just won't grow (have never had much luck w/ blyxa under any light / conditions).

Trimming every few days now to try and "shape" it up (wish I had a camera that would take a little better picture) ... thanks for checking it out!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I wish I had run across this sooner.
Great thread.
AMAZING tank.Great job!
You still planning on adding discus?

smartdog126

AC Members
Mar 18, 2009
Under the Sea
what plant is that at the top of the water if you look to the center of the tank and top of the tank then a little to the right its a huge plant that has grown but what type of plant is that pm me please i would love to know (maybe wanna sell some?)

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
I wish I had run across this sooner.
Great thread.
AMAZING tank.Great job!
You still planning on adding discus?
Thank you - I think we are going to stay w/ the 10 red line torpedo barbs as the centerpiece fish! They should be really sweet as they grow into the tank.

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
what plant is that at the top of the water if you look to the center of the tank and top of the tank then a little to the right its a huge plant that has grown but what type of plant is that pm me please i would love to know (maybe wanna sell some?)
Not sure exactly which one you are talking about - let me know. I would be happy to clip and send you some!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice! Great work!

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
Those red lines are sweet looking! I very rarely see them around my neck of the woods and never as nice of specimens as these. Rummynose are about as close as I can get in looks and quality.

I'd gladly take some clippings off your hands also ;)

I really like the way you draped the java moss on the driftwood, how did you hold it in place?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store