Good battery powered siphon?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I have one of the less expensive vacs and find it to be useless. Went back to using submerged air tubing and doing it the old fashioned way into buckets.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
i dont run the syphon into a sink. i stick a couple feet of hose out the nearest window

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
If you get one of those products it would be nice if you could do a review (I'm cheap), so others know if it is worth buying or not.

Obelisk

AC Members
Feb 19, 2009
i dont run the syphon into a sink. i stick a couple feet of hose out the nearest window
That's what I plan on doing for disposing of old water.

If you get one of those products it would be nice if you could do a review (I'm cheap), so others know if it is worth buying or not.
Will do.

I have one of the less expensive vacs and find it to be useless. Went back to using submerged air tubing and doing it the old fashioned way into buckets.
I hope I don't get something that ends up failng. If so, I'll probably just go back to using my python.

Kuhlifan

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
I've been looking at both models, but I'm afraid to buy them. If they work as described, they would be awesome, but we all know how that goes.

I'd actually love to have one just for cleaning, not water changes. If they worked good just to really clean the goop out of the gravel, I'd order one without hesitation.

Please let us know how they work for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store