Betta fry pics!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
Nice bettas! Are they still on the BBS diet or have you changed it?

Looking at this thread wants me to breed my bettas again after my failed attempt - my fry all lack ventral fins due to the overfeeding of microworms.

How do you hatch your bbs? I haven't really figured out a way to do that yet. Do you just use the simple setup with the 2L bottle or do you use something more advanced?

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
Nice bettas! Are they still on the BBS diet or have you changed it?

Looking at this thread wants me to breed my bettas again after my failed attempt - my fry all lack ventral fins due to the overfeeding of microworms.

How do you hatch your bbs? I haven't really figured out a way to do that yet. Do you just use the simple setup with the 2L bottle or do you use something more advanced?
I didn't feed them microworms, I fed them egg yolk when they were 3 days old until they were 5 days old. On day 6 I fed them bbs. What I do is get a jar fill it to the top, than take a teaspoon of aquarium salt and than put it in, than turn on the air-bubbler and take a teaspoon of bbs and pour it in and than wait like 14 hours and extract the bbs and than feed them and put the rest in a styrofoam cup in the fridge and just feed them until it's almost over and start the process again.

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
I didn't feed them microworms, I fed them egg yolk when they were 3 days old until they were 5 days old. On day 6 I fed them bbs. What I do is get a jar fill it to the top, than take a teaspoon of aquarium salt and than put it in, than turn on the air-bubbler and take a teaspoon of bbs and pour it in and than wait like 14 hours and extract the bbs and than feed them and put the rest in a styrofoam cup in the fridge and just feed them until it's almost over and start the process again.
Interesting... how did you prepare the egg yolk? How big is that jar that you're using to hatch the bbs? I have an empty 1g tank that I might use, but then I might need to add more salt.

Also, where did you get your BBS eggs?

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
Interesting... how did you prepare the egg yolk? How big is that jar that you're using to hatch the bbs? I have an empty 1g tank that I might use, but then I might need to add more salt.

Also, where did you get your BBS eggs?

Also, where did you get your BBS eggs?[/QUOTE]

You have to hard boil an egg, and than take the egg yolk and feed little amounts at a time. I only feed it to them for 2-3 days and than start feeding bbs. I use a 32oz. jar to hatch them and I get them from ebay.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
How adorable are they! Is that a crown tail? Not to sure about bettas, so many beautiful ones.

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
I didn't measure the temperature of the water, but I live in Florida and I set up my brine shrimp hatchery in my garage so its probably at that temperature because that's what my fish tanks water is always, and they are in my porch so I don't have to use a heater except in the winter time.

santiago

AC Members
Aug 7, 2009
Casselberry, Florida
Fry Update!!!!!

The fry are 11 weeks and 4 days old, they are very healthy, growing, and are always hungry!! I have already jarred most males because they are becoming very aggressive. Here are some pics!!! ( sorry about the bad quality, and poor shots!)

SDC12404.JPG SDC12403.JPG SDC12402.JPG SDC12401.JPG SDC12400.JPG SDC12399.JPG SDC12398.JPG SDC12397.JPG SDC12396.JPG SDC12387.JPG SDC12386.JPG SDC12385.JPG SDC12383.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store