I'm NEW, saying hey hey hey

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

<3Oscar

AC Members
Mar 28, 2009
IA, USA
Walmart flushes all returns. Please, please, please start doing much more research on the fish you are planning to get, before you purchase them!
Along with this sentiment I share ^ I would like to toss you a welcome to the forums. We're all here to help eachother and the advice given has been very good.

In my experience, it's best to research any critter before purchase along with proper methods of setting up their habitat. Tanks generally require a month to setup their water and beneficial bacteria before slowly acculmating fish to their new environment. This will lessen the amount of causualities you (and the fish) suffer.

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Welcome to AC!! I am glad you found us, and that you were willing to take the great advice provided here! Also, Wal-Mart is notorious for bad water and dying fish, so you may not want to go back there. If you can find a tropical fish store, that only does fish you may have better luck with advice and fish. Good Luck and keep posting!!!

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Your fish arrangements seem kinda skrewy still. What are the fish you like the most? Once we know that maybe we can get the tanks all sorted out so that you and your fish are happy. I think you'll realize quickly that if you're the type of person who wants a little bit of everything you'll need a lot more tanks. I'm nearing 20 :) So let us know a couple of your favorite fish and we'll see what we can figure out, for sure some of the fish will need to go back or maybe hopefully you can get more tanks. Welcome to AC!

Oh and I know fishycat and one other user(I think madmade or manmade?) are also from hawaii.

EOD

AC Members
Sep 12, 2010
Schofield Barracks, HI
Real Name
David
I definitely play on getting more tanks. I understand some of my fish may seem incompatible with each other but all the fish in my 40G have been in there together for the past 2 years (or so says the person who sold me the tank with the fish in it). Since I'm really cramped on money right now I was going to maybe look in to getting a nice size 30-50G tank and building my own stand. My favorite fish right now would have to be the tiger barbs and the angelfish. As far as the future goes, I also want to put together my own black light tank and put some more glofish in there with some UV reactive rocks/sand and a cool glowing plant of some kind. I'll be way more careful in the future though.

Tabbykat9698

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
Downtown Nashville, TN
Hey we have the same hobbies... LOL. But next suggestion I have is if you take back any more fish or rehome them, don't get more until you have decided on a good tank setup and read what are compatible with what and water temps/conditions they need.

EOD

AC Members
Sep 12, 2010
Schofield Barracks, HI
Real Name
David
Got it Tabbykat, thanks. I used to live near Nashville. Small world.

Tabbykat9698

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
Downtown Nashville, TN
Where did you lived? I've lived in Chattanooga, Shelbyville, and Murfreesboro also. Now I'm just a downtown person I don't really drive anywhere except to Aquatic Critter. LOL.

EOD

AC Members
Sep 12, 2010
Schofield Barracks, HI
Real Name
David
I lived in Clarksville. My dad was stationed there. Now I'm the one in the Army.

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
okay well good luck. At the moment my main concern would be the goldfish and clown loaches but best of luck at whatever you decide to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store