RANDOM QUESTION... Who would you like to see play James Bond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Who would you like to see play James Bond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
Precisely this.

This is James Bond. It takes a certain kind of actor to pull off the role. Not just tossing in one of today's current hot commodities.

Is there even anyone British on that list?
I know. I seen the movies at least 10 times. I just named the first 13 male celebrities that popped into my head. (their is a option where you can choose any other actor you would like to see play the bond role).

If you would like to see to a British actor play the next James Bond, please please feel
free to put his name on the thread. Their are hundreds of other actors that I respect, that would make a great bond.

It is not like I am going to be producing the next film or anything...:)

While most of them on the list are comedians, some of them have been cast in 100's of
movies. (directors pick your typical sexy handsome bad boy to play the James bond role) . Looking at "pretty boys" play the role will get old after a while.

Personally I wouldn't mind see a comedian play bond. I would love to get some laughs during the movie, but still be drawn into all the action.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Me, I have a talent for accents. Btw the first and best Bond was Scottish not British.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Personally I think ICEH2O would be the best...or maybe Bob (RB) !!

I've never seen any of the movies. I sure wouldn't want to be in one.

I vote LG, time for Bond to be in drag

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Dane Cook might be interesting.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Me, I have a talent for accents. Btw the first and best Bond was Scottish not British.
That is a very good point. Even at his advanced age, I'd still take Connery over just about anyone else.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Roger Moore had a talent for it and some humor to boot...

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
I know. I seen the movies at least 10 times. I just named the first 13 male celebrities that popped into my head. (their is a option where you can choose any other actor you would like to see play the bond role).

If you would like to see to a British actor play the next James Bond, please please feel
free to put his name on the thread. Their are hundreds of other actors that I respect, that would make a great bond.

It is not like I am going to be producing the next film or anything...:)

While most of them on the list are comedians, some of them have been cast in 100's of
movies. (directors pick your typical sexy handsome bad boy to play the James bond role) . Looking at "pretty boys" play the role will get old after a while.

Personally I wouldn't mind see a comedian play bond. I would love to get some laughs during the movie, but still be drawn into all the action.
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to come across as rude. It's just that Bond movies are not comedies, and to cast a comedian in the role would be death to the entire franchise. There are plenty of opportunities for studios to make spy movies about other spies that would make great comedies, I've seen several like that and absolutely loved them. I think you have a great idea, in that I'd love to see Will Ferrell do a movie as a spy, and I think he'd do a terrific job in such a role. But not as James Bond. Bond is martinis. Shaken, not stirred. Not margaritas with umbrellas. :p

Directors don't just pick random Hollywood heartthrobs for the part. Yes, the actors have to be handsome (don't know what George Lazenby was all about), but there's far more to casting James Bond than that. Connery, Moore, Dalton, even Brosnon are all classically trained actors whose roles were primarily dramas prior to the role of Bond. While you can think of hundreds of actors that you believe would make a great Bond, it would honestly take me a week just to come up with a list of a dozen that I believe would truly do the role justice, and I imagine directors would have the same difficulty coming up with the right man for the role. It's been 49 years since the first Bond movie, and they're still making films that draw huge audiences and profits. James Bond as is, is a winning movie making formula. Studios aren't likely to go stirring the formula up much.

And I don't know if you skipped over it or not, but I did cast my vote for other, and put a British actors name in the thread, just a couple posts down from the post you replied to. John Simm. Not too well known in the states yet, but then again, how many Bonds were prior to becoming Bond?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Connery is actually a very good comic actor as well. Check out "Family Business" and you'll see. Even in "Highlander" a bit slips through.

tropics007

AC Members
Jul 26, 2008
Wilmington, NC
lol. Accents make them seem more mysterious and interesting. ( plus, I have never met a girl that doesn't like a man with a accent) :)

I wonder if more men, or women go to see the James Bond movies.....

If I had to seriously pair the next lead man and woman for the new film, I would say Matt Damon & Angelina Jolie. ( both are used to making action films, and they can pull off the attitude, and look). If they starred in the next film, I would def. be in line to see it, while I am sure others might not care for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store