will angelfish and platy get along

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chrizza92

The Metal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Melbourne Austrlia
Hi

I am just thinking if angel fish would be agressive to platys or it would be ok to keep them together i have a 120 liter tank will that be big enough for the angles and platys and maybe some swordtails and guppies

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
either a single angel with some tank mates or a pair with a small school of tetras(black neons).. but be mindful that angels will eat small tetras.(if you decide on these get the adults)

Carla G

AC Members
Nov 17, 2007
NSW Australia
either a single angel with some tank mates or a pair with a small school of tetras(black neons).. but be mindful that angels will eat small tetras.(if you decide on these get the adults)
Small tetras will be small snacks when the angels get bigger. Better to get some slightly bigger tetras of a non nippy type. Diamond tetra or head and tail lights maybe.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
Small tetras will be small snacks when the angels get bigger. Better to get some slightly bigger tetras of a non nippy type. Diamond tetra or head and tail lights maybe.
Black neons are considerably bigger than regular neons. IMO they should be fine w/ an angel..........

ryzilla

AC Members
Aug 19, 2008
To be honest a 30g is small for even one angel overtime. You will be able to keep 1 to 2 angels for no more than a year before they start getting crowded. The get very tall. Before I gave my large male away that was 5yrs old his body was around 4 1/2" round, from caudal to dorsal fin he was around 9", and from tail fin to nose he was around 5 1/2". That is a big fish.

Last thought. One is what you could keep, and two would need a larger home in several years. If you get two and they are M and F say goodbye to all your other fish in a 30g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store