Powdered ferts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

danelpalfrey

AC Members
Dec 1, 2014
Birmingham UK
coticule.freeforums.net
Real Name
Daniel
The most important thing I suppose I can ask is, how do I know what the plants need? Should I be checking first? or is it a case of match the symptoms to a deficiency and rectify? how do I know what the symptom is been caused by?

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Depends on your style of running your tank. It should be part of your research to find out what a plant (or anything alive for that matter) needs before buying it. That research should also include how the symptoms look like when the plant is having a deficiancy in any of it basic needs. But, you may decide to not blindly follow dosing of ferts only because someone else does it. There is never only one right way to do things, and there is also many ways to screw up. Each tank is different, everybody's tap water is different.

My $0.02

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
If you're planning on mixing up enough for use later, then distilled or tap is the way to go. For one time dosing, you can mix it with tank water or add the dry ferts directly to the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store