A Quiet Water Pump?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ranger

AC Members
Jun 20, 2001
Everett, WA
Hi All,

For years I had a Quite One 3000 running on my 75gal, and it was great. A few months ago I bought another one but could tell right away it was different. Not just in design, but company owner ship and branding seemed to have changed. Like all products, I don’t think we the consumer always know how these companies change hands and what the new ownership does to the product. Anyway doesn’t seem to be as good as before and LOUD as all get out.

Anyone suggest a very quiet pump?
I am willing to spend more if it is better since this is my main show tank in the living room.
What about the Eheim or the new Sicce brand? Anyone tired these, did you like them?
Thanks

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
What exactly do you use such a strong pump on a 75 gal FW tank for? I am quite happy using a Rio Plus 1400 as return pump from sump to 75 gal SW tank. Hardly makes any noise fully submerged - have not tested how loud it is when used inline. Compared to the Quiet One 3000 819gph the Rio 1400 is only rated for 420gph (or 243gph at the 4feet it needs to pump the water up for me). You should give one of those a try (maybe a bigger version that is closer to what you had).

(Before you wonder, no, the Rio 1400 is not the only flow in the tank - there is also two 900gph circ pumps and whatever the protein skimmer puts out)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store