Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. P

White "birthmark" on Green Scat

Yeah k thanks those are plastic plants see sig :rolleyes:
  2. P

White "birthmark" on Green Scat

I have had this Scat for a few years now, he has had this white patch as long as I can remember. He is very health and the flesh of that area is also healthy in appearance, but I was wondering if this is due to him rubbing something in the tank or if it is likely he was born with it...
  3. P

Green Scat and 2 Fig 8 Puffers in PA / NJ area

Sorry it took so long, my parents are moving, i'm graduating this weekend from college, going to florida after that, trying to get several things on my car fixed, and ebaying a few hundred novels Here are the pictures, I've kind of taken to calling the two puffs popcorn and bubbles, but when...
  4. P

Geoff I'll have pics up tomorrow (Thursday May 06), I'll pm you when they are up as well. I think Narcissus is about 4.5" from tailfin to nose, and the puffers are about 1.5". Also whoever takes them I would like to also take 4 zebra danio I have been keeping with them (the danio eat food...
  5. P

I have a Green Scat named Narcissus and two figure 8 puffers that need a good home as I am moving to Florida in a few weeks. I can provide pictures if there is any interest in the fish. These are brackish fish, which means they need some salt. I will provide you with salt if I still have...
  6. P

Herbert the Toad living outside now (update)

True, good thing you cleared that up :D
  7. P

His crib His pad $$
  8. P

I went out and checked the "toad house", I see what you mean, Basically I need a flower pot with a little entrance. I would guess they are good because moisture stays in and the terra cotta soaks it up when it rains. Pretty cool looking. I thought I might add a small patch of moss down there...
  9. P

That would be an accurate description wetmanNY, its cool he is like a pet but not :) My gf has a "toad house" going to see what that looks like. The flower pot idea is good too, any ideas on how you would have the pot setup? P.S. thanks for bumping my herbert the toad/axolotyl thread
  10. P

I let him go a few weeks ago where I found him, in this enclosure by the window that is near the hose outlet outside. I was using the hose today so I sprayed some in his little area in case he needed some water (haha :) ) and I have not seen him for a few weeks so I was not sure if he was alive...
  11. P

Sick ballon goldfish... advive needed

%30 water change and water quality test at your local aquarium store
  12. P

I've Got Crabs.....!!!!!!!!

Snuggles haha thats the best crab name ever
  13. P

Opinions on Bio-wheels

I thought you were saying nematodes made you go but after thinking about how my hob's sound I know exactly what you mean
  14. P

Herbert the toad meets an Axolotl

I disagree. I visited numerous websites that said a 5.5 is good enough for one, and a 10 could support two. This is of course with proper filtration, substrate, cleaning, etc. Regardless if it did appear cramped I have a 20 gallon lying around. There are issues with getting good...
  15. P

Thanks, he has been sitting in a pvc pipe the last few hours. I have to share a dorm with someone and the room can get somewhat hot at times (78 degrees is kind of normal). I don't know if this will effect his hibernation cycle and me putting him back or not. I might just build him a cool...
  16. P

He's as cute as the American Toad picture but from the text he seems to be a Fowler. I found him in a gravelly area near the hose that is wet sometimes during the year. I was amazed he burrowed into that stuff. His pouch is also white, not dark at all. Live 35 years in captivity how...
  17. P

I was thinking of eventually doing a terrarium in a 20 gallon long and considering what I would put in it. I have a toad from outside I named Herbert in a 10g, and my gf is going to be getting an axolotl ("water dog") for her 5.5 gallon. Will a toad and an axolotl get along ok? From what I...
  18. P

Axolotl aka Water Dog, filtration?

We read that too.. we've never done an underground filter before. I have a powerhead lying around, an aquaclear 301. My understanding is that the powerhead sucks water from the pipe that leads into the undergravel filter, then spits water back out into the aquarium, although it gets blocked by...
  19. P

everything but fish aquarium?

Right now I have a terrarium with a toad, two aquatic frogs, small snails, and a guppy (a fish so I guess he can't count :) ). Unless you have an incredibly docile crayfish I would be wary of putting them with any amphibian, or crabs smaller than themselves. It is also not recommended to...
  20. P

Axolotl aka Water Dog, filtration?

My girlfriend wants a water dog. We have been doing research and I think we have it all covered except we cannot agree on filtration. We are thinking of going with a submersive/underwater filter. We are not sure what type to go with and I know nothing of the brands. Right now we are...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store