Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

The Epitome Of Cool For the Freshwater Aquarist

Thanks for everybody's concerns! The tank is completely taken down, but I'm looking forward to an exciting, fresh new start. As for the Endler's they are all doing great! Mine look most like the first picture in Tekhna's post but a lot more green. For such tiny fish they were expensive...
  2. S

The Epitome Of Cool For the Freshwater Aquarist

Well, since Frances blew through my entire saltwater reef crashed. I was without power for over 28 hours, and nothing made it. In attempts to completely restart my tank this afternoon (lots of work, let me tell you!) I made plenty of trips to the LFS. While there, my attention dirfted from...
  3. S

Total DISASTER

Holy Cow! That sucks big time! But I have to say, I feel your pain. Frances came through Tampa this weekend and my power was out for 28 hours- everything in my tank died and it's all gone. It sucks big time, I totally relate with you- although my tank didn't have as many things in it as...
  4. S

Terrarium/Paludarium Info?

I'm helping one of my favorite teachers on the face of the planet set up tons of tanks for her classroom! She's inherited around 7 small 10 Gallon tanks, and a larger tank with VERY odd dimensions, that may possibly be a 30 long? I was in her class last year and she knew I love to set up tanks...
  5. S

Wanna See My Tanks???

No prob ;)
  6. S

Wanna See My Tanks???

Haha, then I guess I've done my job! Created the plastic tank which has actually been mistaken for a planted one!!! WOW!:D
  7. S

2X55 watt PC vs. 175 MH pulse start

Well, first off, obviously the MH has more wattage, and number two, MH is much more intense and powerful than PC. No doubt go with the MH, and go with ever more lighting if possible. How big is your tank? I'd definitely recommend you go with the 175...
  8. S

Wanna See My Tanks???

Thanks guys- I hope to use my tanks as examples that not all Plastic Plant Tanks have to be ugly and fake looking :p The grassy coral in my Saltwater tank is Green Star polyps. There are four coral species in my tank at the moment, GSP, Xenia, Cauliflower Leather, and Hammer- but I plan on...
  9. S

Wanna See My Tanks???

Well, I'm an old time member converted to the salty side. And, if I had my way, my two remaining Freshwater tanks would be converted into Salt as well. It's just so awesome! I'm not coming over here to make you all convert though- I am just suggesting, if you haven't considered saltwater...
  10. S

Tank Site/Photos and Questions- Need your advice!!

Thanks ton for the input- after some discussion over at RC and your comment here, I have pretty much given up my Anthias dreams...I think I will be content with my original stock plan. Yes, I most definitely will upgrade soon, although the tank I set up probably won't be at my house, but...
  11. S

Tank Site/Photos and Questions- Need your advice!!

As a recap- I started my first saltwater tank June 6th, 2003, and it's now December 23rd, 2003. It's been a while, and I havent' been around AC in a while (migrated over to RC) but I have come back to show you all my current tank, and ask some old friends some new questions. To begin, I...
  12. S

SaWEET!

I don't think I'm going to be quaratining. I don't have an extra tank, or any room for one. Also, if I were to get another tank for quarantining, I'd have to have it cycle again...I am not going to wait another month- I think I'll buy a cleaner shrimp and acclimate them very slowly- LOL. But...
  13. S

SaWEET!

Thanks guys! I am proud that I have done such a good job so far- but not in a concieted way ;) I've really enjoyed this process- and everything is going positive. Some diatomacious algea has shown up, but it hasn't spread throughout the tank, just some minimal spots here and there. Later...
  14. S

SaWEET!

Here are pictures of my tank! http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=31264&cat=500&thumb=1 Hope you enjoy!
  15. S

SaWEET!

Just an update- I got my live rock from TBS (around 30lbs) and I am freaking amazed. I cannot say enough. No way in hell can I say enough. It is the best stuff you can buy period. My tank looks so cool, and I am so pleased- there is so much life I am still finding new things after a week. I...
  16. S

SaWEET!

Alright! I am psyched! It's been a little over a month and my tank is nearly cycled completely. This Saturday- I am heading over to TBS and buying around 30 lbs. of Live Rock for my first installment!!! I am so flipping excited! You have no idea how hard this "patience" thing is for me-...
  17. S

Ahhhhhh. Crud.

Ouch, well you're setup looks good- if it's working- great, but a general-not necessarily a "rule"-but a guidline is that you don't even need a filter for a saltwater tank! If everything is working for you- I wouldn't worry, but the reason I say Ouch is your fish selection. I know it seems...
  18. S

Good inverts for my tank?

Well, let's see- I ahve always been in favor of Emerald's just becasue out of all the terrible stories I hear about crabs- they are in the least. Also, many people keep them, and if you provide for them correctly, you may not have any problems at all. I can safely say, though, that Emeralds...
  19. S

New Tank

Welcome to AquariaCentral, where everyone is always learning! LOL! Thanks for cleaning up the dirty work Ray :D Just trying to help out as much as I can. On the other hand- are they really that innacurate!? The Salinity 36 is all the way at 1.027 SG!? Do I really change it to be that high???
  20. S

Converting FW to SW...Oh Lordy!

Anaxus, I live next to TBS (Tampa Bay Saltwater) and they sell basically everything for a dollar since they have such an abundance. Snails, and Hermits are all a dollar each, the shrimps are a little more expensive along with the sea stars, but basically, I've got that one covered ;)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store