Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. P

FT Jungle Val (Vallisneria americana gigantea), Ashland, KY, Shipping or PU

I have decided to go ahead and purchase some shrimp so I don't need the trade now. Mods - Please close this thread, thanks
  2. P

Thought I would add something - I am willing to pay your shipping costs for sending the shrimp so you would not be out any money. Let me know if anyone is interested.
  3. P

Hey all, I have not posted in quite some time since I sold off my hatchery but I have some huge jungle vals that I would like to trade for some shrimp (any type is fine). I have a 75 gallon with 3 female bettas, 5 black neon tetras, 5 rasboras, a couple of celestial pearl danios and some pygmy...
  4. P

Discus and A. Cacatuoides

I kept my discus in 84 degree water and from what I can read the apisto's you have like their water temp in the upper 70's. They are beautiful little fish, never heard of them.
  5. P

Angelfish

The general rule of thumb is 1 adult angel per 10 gallons of water, just like discus. So it will be determined by your other fish in the tank, your water changes and tank maintenance. When I raised angels, I would always be over the recommended stocking liimits but I was doing water changes...
  6. P

Angelfish eggs keep turning white

This was my first guess - I have had 3 pair in a three way divided 55 and all did fine - I had 2 large sponge filters on each end and an emporer 400 toward the middle but my dividers were the plastic grates used in overhead lights so they allowed good water flow between the divided areas. What...
  7. P

Angelfish Breeding Question

I would leave the second batch with the parents until they are too large to be eaten by the first batch - this may also slow down their spawning. If you put them in too soon they may become "baby food". If you plan on growing out several hatches of angels you will need to get some 55 gallon...
  8. P

Rift Valley cichlid special on Science channel

I agree - I could have done with out the chimps altogether - just show more cichlids and their behavior and leave the chimps for a different program!
  9. P

Rift Valley cichlid special on Science channel

Hey all, I am sitting here watching a special about the rift valley cichlids on the Science channel - it is awesome! I am sure that it will be on again - you should check your local times to see if it is on in your area. Talking about Lake Tanganyika - what I have in my 90 gallon - SO COOL...
  10. P

Expanding

Wow what a setup!! Where do you live? IF you were my neighbor I would be over all the time!!
  11. P

Bolivian Ram babies are swimmin!

That is awesome - I am so jealous. I have had german blue rams for several years and they NEVER has a spawn that was parent raised. I just wanted one and they always ate the eggs. That is sooooo cool! Thanks for sharing,
  12. P

FS N. Caudopunctatus - red fin, Ashland, KY, shipping or PU

Mods - Please close this thread. These are no longer available. Thanks,
  13. P

Okay - after all the AB auctions I have 3 of these left. If anyone is interested let me know. If not I am probably just going to put them in the 90 with my other tanganyika's. Thanks,
  14. P

Need help on Angels 5th brood!

I would remove the cories - when the babies start free swimming they will be close to the bottom more than likely and become cory snacks. I put some bronze cories in my breeding tanks thinking it would help keep the bottom clean - big mistake. They ate the ones they could catch and it really...
  15. P

Need help on Angels 5th brood!

If you are hoping for parent raisers I would leave them alone. If they have started moving them around you should feel pretty good about them raising them. It may take several spawns for them to get it right. Are there any other fish in the tank with them? If there are they might get...
  16. P

What is wrong with me ?!?!?!?!

Never thought of the library - will have to check that out!! ;) Sorry to hear Marley lost his friends - hope you can find him a companion or two. It doesn't sound like the cory is enjoying his attention. :) Just told them hi from you and Marley - they said hi back to you (at least in my...
  17. P

I need to hire you to train mine!! :) I haven't noticed them eating any at all but I still am glad to have them. They are doing great in the QT and are really pretty fish. I am going to put them with my GBR's when they are ready.
  18. P

I wondered about that. I wanted to condition them and make sure they are good and healthy (since they are from WM). I'll feed them good for another week or so and then back off the good stuff and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion,
  19. P

Hey Ritap, They are shell dwelling cichlids from lake Tanganiyka. You need a higher PH set up - mine is around 8.2, cichlid sand (or some type of sand) and several welk or larger snail shells. They will find a shell to their liking, claim it and use the sand to partially cover it. They lay...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store