Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. elpulgarverde

150 wood and glass tank build thread

Yes- Pics, Pics, Pics. and Congrats!
  2. elpulgarverde

Sad discus :(

I agree with the former suggestions. You could also consider raising the temp a couple of degrees. I'm not sure from the post how big they are..but growing discus benefit from a slightly higher temp. It also helps with stimulating the immune system and pulling sickly discus from the "funk" I'd...
  3. elpulgarverde

They ate out of my Hand!

Some of you have seen my posts with my wild Heckel Discus herd. I've been trying to get them to eat from my hand for a year now. I'd chill out for a month or two from time to time, but I kept at it. Tonight- two of them ate their evening bloodworms from my hand. Wild's tend to be a lot more...
  4. elpulgarverde

1/20 nerites shrimp plants heat packs dry ferts SoCali P/S

I want to get a ten-pack mix and match nerites - but the price is higher on your website than stated here. I'd also be interested in a couple of the large crypts from the website for my discus tank. I just sold a ton of amazon swords and have a crypt "zone" now. So how do we proceed? Thanks
  5. elpulgarverde

Recent pics of Discus

Check out aquabid- a guy called snookin23 (I think it's 23) imports a lot of nice wilds. I got my heckels from him- really professional. Lots of really cool wild plecos too! It does seem that the selection is more sparse these days. But keep checking some really exceptional fish pass through...
  6. elpulgarverde

Heckel Time

Thought I'd throw in a shot of my S. aquafasciata in the tank next door- he's waiting in stud in case the Heckels don't get busy. At least there'd be a cross. And he's already pretty Randy- which is why he's in a tank by himself (well he's got some Cories and Algae eaters to keep him company)...
  7. elpulgarverde

Heckel Time

Thought I'd update now that my Heckels are nearly a year old (they're a little older than that- I've had them a year and they were a couple inches across when I got them) Might get some spawning this year but it's hard to tell. Heckels are notorious for not spawning in captivity. Tank's pretty...
  8. elpulgarverde

Recent pics of Discus

Simply awesome! And yes, wilds are the best. We need to all work hard to keep the real discus bloodlines going. I'm sorry but the many hybrids are really lame in comparison, in my opinion. Viva Brazil!
  9. elpulgarverde

4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Really impressive that you're continuing undaunted! Keep the faith!:thm:
  10. elpulgarverde

Hmmmm Altums just came in!

Really beautiful fish!
  11. elpulgarverde

Discus Wrigglers

Very cool! Good Luck!:thm:
  12. elpulgarverde

Bog Loggers

Just thought I'd stick in a little post so you all could check out this silly vid we've been working on. Have to do something to cut the drudgery of working in the fields.kuR9UhHF5TU Hope you like it!
  13. elpulgarverde

Heckels 5 months later

Thanks, It's a lot of work, but quite rewarding. I've put off trying to get a batch of Ken Kennedy angels for another tank (Which sits with 3 Siamese algae eaters and a rubber lip plecostomas and a SL of plants) because I want to put my energy into the discies until they're adult (yeah- like...
  14. elpulgarverde

Heckels 5 months later

Well, it's been 5 months since I got my wild Heckels and they're doing great! I don't get much time to kick back and play on the computer- but I have an actual day off today (no work- no chores) Well, okay, I did a water change-but that's fun and I do it at least once a week. But the water is...
  15. elpulgarverde

red spotted green discus video

Very awesome! Have they spawned yet?
  16. elpulgarverde

Erythromycin good for discus with fin rot?

How big are the discus? Are they adults? Even then I'd feed them twice a day. Big fish-> Big appetites. The 7 lost Discus could mean something, How long have you been keeping Discus? (if it's 5 years that's not a worry) Let's try and figure out what is going on so you can fix it... Sounds like a...
  17. elpulgarverde

new discus tank setup

I stagger my bulb pairs on at 30 min intervals- so it also takes 1 hour to get full and drop off to dark. 12 hours also. I think that not only does it keep from scaring the fish- it's more natural for plants. It's also cool in that you can kind of tell what time it is by the lighting.
  18. elpulgarverde

Anyone bred S. nigrita?

I was just checking and they dont look anything like S. eruptus. Must be the photo quality. So does anyone really know about their breeding habits?
  19. elpulgarverde

Anyone bred S. nigrita?

If they do double in size then I'll know. They definitely looked like S. nigrita when they were smaller. Thanks for the info..
  20. elpulgarverde

Anyone bred S. nigrita?

I have a pair of Synodontis nigrita. I believe they are male and female. Anyone bred them. I have them in their own tank now- with their favorite piece of driftwood. I put a flower pot in the bottom because I had read they like to spawn in them. Water is soft- about 80F, and PH of 7.0. Any...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store