Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Rava

How to keep a planted tank running without fish?

Thank you all! Wish me luck :-)
  2. Rava

We'll be on vacation for a week, but that's a month away, is what I meant. I am a little worried about the snail eating the plant, but may have to risk it!
  3. Rava

That is an excellent idea! We will only be gone for a week. Would it be possible to feed the snail maybe once or twice during that week and everything still maintain?
  4. Rava

I have a Fluval Chi aquarum (5/6 gal.), filtered, with one live plant and a piece of driftwood. It housed a Betta until this morning ( :-( ). We'd like to replace the Betta in about a month, after we return from vacation. How do I maintain the tank/keep it cycled in the meantime? It's also full...
  5. Rava

My Tank

Fishie died and I broke the tank down. :( (Plants were given away). Poor fish was never really healthy or in tip top shape after coming from the old tank (see photo below). I think he was about 2 years old anyway. Thanks for checking for an update, though!
  6. Rava

Anarcharis and java moss free, you pay shipping

Thank you SoCalSunset. Tip, check your PMs. I would like to ship/sell both plants together. I don't have alot of time to mess with getting rid of them. :)
  7. Rava

I'm not sure how to ship the anacharis, so I don't know how to guesstimate shipping? The java moss will be sent in an Altoids tin so it's light and small. Should I just bubble wrap the ancharis and put it in a (larger than letter-size) envelope?
  8. Rava

My betta recently died so I'm going to break down my 5 gallon tank. There are several stems of anacharis and about a handful of java moss. I need to get rid of it quickly because there's nothing live in the tank to fertilize the plants, and I just realized I've been forgetting to turn the light...
  9. Rava

My Tank

Some updated pictures. Still not quite how I want it, but all I've had time to do. :)
  10. Rava

look what I get to babysit

Animals don't do things out of vengeance. More likely it is as Kmgriff said the first time--it's the change in routine that causes stress. Same with the cat. Saying they do it in anger is projecting your own emotion onto the animal.
  11. Rava

How old is this dog? Because if he's old enough to hold his bladder during the day (they can usually hold it up to an hour per month of their age, up to a year, if I remember correctly). So if he's over a year he should be able to hold it. If he's unable to hold it, he either needs to be checked...
  12. Rava

Update w/ pics-rehabilitated betta tank

Web- he just sits there. He's not much of a flarer (yet, I think :)). Ninja- I was thinking that he is probably a bit lazy in addition to being weak, so having the java moss for him to rest on/in should make him happy. :) Looking for it in the mail real soon! I do know he's able to get...
  13. Rava

Thanks Spidergrrrl! I will be changing the substrate to tiny rocks. Was trying to decide how long it took to get the necessary bacteria built up in the filter so I can take the old marbles out of there. Will look into some rocks or caves to put in there, too. :)
  14. Rava

The filter isn't adjustable, unfortunately! I'll try pointing it at the side--thank you! I didn't cycle conventionally. I put the water and marbles in from the old tank, and gradually changed out water and added new. Once the water was high enough I put in the filter, and a couple days after...
  15. Rava

My Tank

Pictures! Waiting for some java moss in the mail, then we'll start decorating. :)
  16. Rava

Before: Now: :) He's looking good. :) The Anarcharis is growing well (I think it needs to be anchored or something, as it's stuck in front of the filter like that), and the water parameters are almost perfect. I'm waiting for some java moss to arrive in the mail, then we'll...
  17. Rava

Jodi, that calls for alone training. Does your Lab have separation anxiety? A kennel is a dog house with a fenced run for the dog. This is adequate for a dog to stay in while you're at work. A crate (which is what Bettsgurl is referring to) is a cage, completely inadequate for any dog to spend...
  18. Rava

How often do you take care of him? Because in my mind he's still being neglected, unless you're able to have him for the majority of the day. Even if you do have him for the majority of the day, he deserves a better life. The difference is if you have him for the majority of the day (EVERY day)...
  19. Rava

Do you realize that while what you're doing is a good thing, it's not enough? That puppy will suffer emotional consequences for lack of socialization (maybe even aggression. More likely severe separation anxiety and/or fear, and innapropriate behaviors), and it will suffer physical problems from...
  20. Rava

If he's being neglected you need to report it. If it was a child you were caring for you would be a mandated reporter (meaning by law you'd have to call Child Protection Services). It shouldn't be any different if there is an animal at risk or suffering. Call animal control for loose dogs (like...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store