Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. D

Questions regarding the properties of glass...

The stand The Shop The bottom piece with some maple trim (will make some more trim from the correct material when i know exactly what it wants to look like.) The rest of the glass in a stack
  2. D

Oh! Thank you everyone for the speedy responses. I'll go take some pictures for you guys.
  3. D

I really like the pink insulation idea. I was going to put 1x1/8" bracing along the edges with a couple of sticks across the middle to prevent bending. I'll probably still use the bracing around the edges with the insulation in the middle. I'll bury some egg crates and try to avoid bulky heavy...
  4. D

I have been without any fish for quite a while and am now building a new aquarium. The footprint will be 36" x 18" and it will be 24" tall. The glass is 3/8" thick. It wasn't until after I ordered the glass that I realized the bottom wouldn't be tempered. Will 3/8" thick non-tempered glass...
  5. D

gsp in their natural environment?

i love these fish, but have found numerous contradictions among dozens of articles about things as basic as specific gravity. have there been any studies, are there any articles written by biologists instead of "aquarium experts," how do these amazing fish grow up? i'm not trying to be cynical...
  6. D

Beginner Fish for Your Reef or FOWLR

Out of curiosity, are there any cool looking shrimp that may be good for beginners? I really like watching shrimp because they are always doing something and have so many tiny moving parts. Anyways, thanks for the thread, it was very informative!
  7. D

scratches on outside of tank wall... oops!

it's my own fault, there was a small splotch of something on there that my compulsive behavior would not allow to exist, and i stupidly hit it with the wrong side of the sponge. now there is a fuzzy array of scratches that stands out like a crackhouse in a wealthy neighborhood. is there...
  8. D

Jellyfish?

bump! i am very interested in jellyfish. i would like to keep them. after having devoured most of the information about these guys, i've got some cool ideas! has anyone here tried keeping jellies? setting up tanks for them? anything? i'm curious.
  9. D

Mudskipper transportation issue

i moved them in their aquarium with almost no sand, no tank decorations, and about an inch and a half of water. (i used so little water because the last time we moved them they spent the majority of the time on the only stable surface available - my friends hand! i figured a small beach would be...
  10. D

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! The skips were pretty pissed when the move was over, the smaller one had a little bit of damage to one of her fins (not the dorsal fin thank god), but other than that, the move went smoothly. They have been in their new location for about two days...
  11. D

so the current plan involves moving the tank with the fish in it. we're going to remove most of the water and get adapters for the car lighters (there are two) so that we can keep the heater and the filter plugged in. is there a safer way to do this? via mail?
  12. D

I am about to move. I am going to bring my remaining mudskippers with me. What is the safest way to move two mudskippers about 450 miles? The are not going to be re-homed. They aren't going to die. I love my fish, so I am bringing them with me. But how?
  13. D

Mudskipper is Flashing/Rolling

mudskipper mannerisms are so fun... i could sit there and watch mudskippers do mudskipper things for hours. mine roll over a bunch. i've been told (but have not confirmed) that mudskippers are resistant to ich, because they spend a lot of time out of the water.
  14. D

Puffer vs. Mudskipers

i had a 30 gallon with a crack, so that the most water it would hold was 12.5 -15 gallons. i tried putting the puffer in there for about a week, but it was very noticeably stressed out (with the black belly and the ill defined spots). that's when a friend and myself devised the divider. i...
  15. D

Puffer vs. Mudskipers

it's an 85 gallon tank, with about 60 gallons in it. the gap between the top of the water and the top of the tank is about 5-7". right now the divider extends about 1cm above the water.
  16. D

Puffer vs. Mudskipers

thanks for the input. what if i just made a divider that stuck out of the water by a few more inches? i know mudskippers can jump over stuff like that, but would they? the notion of returning the puffer to the local fish store upsets my stomach slightly on the grounds that they have a habit of...
  17. D

Anyone up for some mudskipper talk?

i've had a group of three (two males and one female) mudskippers for about 4 months. i feed them chunks of store bought shrimp and crickets about once or twice a day. there are 7 red legged hermit crabs to clean up the excess food stuffs, and a couple of puffers (although we might be removing...
  18. D

Puffer vs. Mudskipers

as a relatively new member, i have been slightly intimidated by the amazing aquariums i've seen on this website. that being said: i've got a green spotted puffer that really likes to pick on my three mudskippers. it likes to bite their fins. my solution to this was to treat the entire tank...
  19. D

puffer fish help

i had a puffer once. i was actually about to sell it back to the fish store when it died. it's a good thing though, it really liked to pick on my mudskippers.
  20. D

Mudskipper feeding problem

feeding my skips crickets is one of the few things that brings joy into my life. they will eat the crickets, the dry food, pretty much anything i put into the tank with them. and they eat every day. try putting their food stuffs out of the water, on the beach or some floating piece of whatnot...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store