Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

Anybody running a DIY LED for a planted tank?

False advertised asian junk!
  2. J

I have no idea what an emitter is. But isnt that besides the point? LOL Is this a true full spectrum cree setup? Or are they buffaloing me?
  3. J

never said it was a single bulb. I mentiuoned in an earlier post it was several cree bulbs in a single light
  4. J

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/385586080/3W_Full_Spectrum_Light.html what is this?
  5. J

thye've got those little square ones that have like 7-8 bulbs in the piece that they are saying is a 6500k full spectrum.
  6. J

are you saying that the full spectrum bulbs from cree aren't going to work? I lost ya there.
  7. J

looks like cree has a bulb out as well that might be right what you're looking for. Cree XP 6500K "Full Spectrum" LED lamps it looks like some of the AI sol's are using them.
  8. J

This guy built two 100w LED's at 6500k and then suplimented actinic T-5's to get the look he wanted. But you could go without the T-5's... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bgT_6LiNfM
  9. J

So you're saying that the blue will grow plants? I thought it was more of a yellow or a green that the plants needed. well, thats good news indeed. the 20k was just for example. I have 10ks on mmy SW tank now and they are very much what I would consider nice for a FW tank, but almost unbearablly...
  10. J

color rendering index, got it! I'm more concerned with gettingt he plants the particular light they need. it seems that is the downside to the LED's from the reading Ive done on FW tanks is that the particular color range that they use to make chlorophyl is not really a color of LED that either...
  11. J

yeah, I'm thinking something more like 10k
  12. J

I'm thinking since it seems that the colors the the plants require are not the pretty colors that we like to see in our tanks that I'll have to go with as many LED's as I need for good plant growth of any plant out there and tehn also suppliment in some other colored bulbs in between so that I...
  13. J

I saw the link to your LED build. Maybe I'm going aboutt his all wrong, I was thinking there would be lots of LED's like a SW setup, you only have 6 in a 30" tank, so I'm looking at something like 12 lights for a 75? So instead of going with smaller lights, I go with the 3w lights and jsut use...
  14. J

I was thinking the 3w ligths might jsut be too much. We've allready been told by a few plant folks that the lights we have are overkill, and coming from a SW background I'm aware that 4x 65w PC lighting isnt that great (at least not for lighting corals) So my thought process was that if PC's are...
  15. J

Some older threads seem to indicate there wasn't much in the LED line available for the spectrum that plants require to make clorophyl. Just wondering if there are any updates on this and if any of you have any pics of succesfully lit DIY LED tanks. Seems to be taking off in the SW world and I...
  16. J

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, part 1-4

SM, any reaso why you don't use the 18" nova lights instead of the 24" to make the box smaller? Is it because you need all the screen width you can get?
  17. J

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, part 1-4

Indeed, Ive had pretty good lcuk with mine, shut my skimmer off months ago. Phos and trates have been very low ever since.
  18. J

first saltwater tank, 75 gallon build thread

I'd have to disagree, I personally run a 120g tank with no skimmer or mechanical filter at all and I know several otehrs who don't run skimmers or mechanical filtration. Just a simple sump with macro algae. Live rock and Live sand is the best fitration going IMO. So I have to ask... Exactly what...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store