Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. DGC

New nano freshwater

Thank you irishspy, but the lights are fixed and it will not work , i was thinking canister filter as my fluval u2 takes up too much space. regards Darrell
  2. DGC

New nano freshwater

Hi all, been a while. just started a planted nano with c02 and ferts, led lights. i am looking for an external filter , its a 25L tank any recomendations
  3. DGC

EI Ferts UK foud

Hello all Found Ei ferts at this place in th UK, they deliver very quick and price is very good https://www.fluidsensoronline.com/ regards Ps. thanks Tom barr
  4. DGC

ei ferts

Thank you Tom i have just done so and its a great site, not sure about seachem kit as it seems a bit expensive, but i will keep looking through the site, ebay has helped for kh2po4 thanks again
  5. DGC

ei ferts

Hello all I have searched the net and cant find a supplier for kh2po4 - can get kno3 any help would be great i live in the UK
  6. DGC

WTB medium light

Hello all . I am also looking for a co2 kit - 70 gal - looking for medium light plants, ie. java fern, amazons, anubius, vals i live in england, Stondon sg16 6je, pm me for further details please. regards Darrell
  7. DGC

newbie to this hobby...20 gallon freshwater planted tank questions

Go canister filter or internal filter, no point putting co2 in and loosing most of it with a hang-on filter, plants will provide oxygen. i asked the bubbler question use at night some time ago and i got a 50/50 responce, went with no oxygen at night tank was larger though) and fish were fine ...
  8. DGC

Looking for reviews on Juwel t5ho bulbs

i have 2 x 45w t5's on a 2/54w ballast, one is a 6800k and has a great colour to it the other is a 9000k day light, the day is very bright but i intend to have a medium to heavy planted and want more light, when i add one more t5 later on i will go with the juwel colour as the third bulb.
  9. DGC

New Gravel and Brown Algae

has not happened to me but i have always washed new gravel, use a python when cleaning/water change, it shouldnt last long
  10. DGC

do i have enough light

just a quick question - how many bottles of sugar/yeast do you use , must be over 6 at lease - i used diy and it worked very well on my 90 gal but used 4 x 2L bottles and diy drop checker with 4dkh solution. But it was only a matter of time before black beard algae took over.
  11. DGC

New Tank Begins

Hello All Well i am very happy with the t5 lighting 2 x 45w (6800k and 9000k) on a 2/54w ballast pleanty light in a custom made hood.I will put reflectors in when i get more plants, but for now 1 amazon sword and 8 vals(for now). i am soaking some great pieces of oak wood which will hopefully...
  12. DGC

t5 versus compact fluoresent

thank you so far, had hoped cfl would win as its much cheaper but i really want the t5's
  13. DGC

t5 versus compact fluoresent

hello all i need help please. i would like to use 5 x 9w (6400k) cfl's spot bulbs,(40/45w), or should i use 4 x t5 39w. i am looking for a medium to heavy planted tank which is 18 inch high and 70 gal. please could somebody give me some advice. thanks
  14. DGC

I am back

thanks, getting my lighting next week, going with 4 x 24w (6800k) t5's = 1.5 w/g should be okay i hope.
  15. DGC

I am back

Hello all well been gone for a while and lost my last tank due to a huge move, but i now live in the UK and have just got a new tank and as the cash comes in so will the set up evolve, any suggestions will be appreciated. tank is 260 litres = 65 gal, external filter not great but a good...
  16. DGC

cheapest/best timer

Why are you confused, how many plugs do you want to place on the timer, you can join all your light cables to one plug, amps are low enough. Just get a normal one like this i have seen them for 6 dollars...
  17. DGC

Mott's ADA 120p "Pathway to nowhere"

i am very very impressed
  18. DGC

Fert questions.

I would dose normaly on the day you leave and leave the lights off until you get back.
  19. DGC

Lighting question - two short sessions or one long session?

I have 2 x 40w and 2 x 38w all t8- i run these for about 8 hours then off and my 2 18w jebo reds come on. the tank is in our bed room ...
  20. DGC

Tiny bubbles coming off the plants after adding CO2?

I use 4 bottles on my 80gallon, lasts 6 to 7 days, i change them even if they are still pumping co2, i use to leave them and got bba. My water level touches the the rim of my hob so i have very little surface movement. when i do a 50% water change and add my new co2 bottles i get pearling every...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store