Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. L

What Was Your GATEWAY Fish?

It was 1987 and my 5th birthday. I woke up and my mom said I could have my birthday present right away and that it was in the living room. So I ran out and there it was. A ten gallon tank with a box filter and clown puke gravel. It had i think 5 fancy goldfish in it. I was IN LOVE! I had never...
  2. L

if you were to paint a discus tank...

what colour do you think would look best? light blue? dark blue? or black? also, i am thinking of a thin layer of white sand on the bottom
  3. L

help! newbie to discus dilemma!

I got my first discus today. This was not really planned. Love discus, but was not prepared for this., as I know nothing about them. A local breeder needed to free up a tank for a new batch of babies, and had to get rid of this little one. I got it super cheap. Anyways....for now I stuck him in...
  4. L

life expectancy of Angel's

My friend has an angel that is 11 years old
  5. L

My favorite fish!!

very pretty! what is it?
  6. L

My Tanks

Since I have just finished cleaning them, thought I'd snap a couple pics :) First Up is my 26 G bowfront 2 Rams 1 Honey Gourami 3 Blue Tetra's (still need a few more) 4 Kuhli Loaches (need 2 more) 1 Male Betta 2 Sunset platies (these were a rescue) Second is my 46 G bowfront 1...
  7. L

dirtiest fish

Goldfish and large pleco's.......man, those guys can poop alot!
  8. L

Something on my Ram....:(

just retested. The tank with the ram is somewhere between 0 and 5, and my 46 is definately 0
  9. L

yes, it sits about ten minutes.
  10. L

everyone else seems fine. they are mostly all from a local mom and pop shop last one was added about 3 months ago I googled anchorworm pics. This doesn't look the same...
  11. L

I thought that it was a parasite too, but doesn't seem to have moved at all in the week since I have noticed it. There is one on the body as well, and possible another smaller one on another fin...
  12. L

here it is, and a full tank shot for good measure lol
  13. L

This tank has been up and running for about 8 months now. No idea why I have no nitrates, my other take (a 46 G) has no nitrates either. I use the API master test kit. I don't think I would call it heavily planted...medium ish I guess lol It's about 4 MM long, can only be seen on one side. It...
  14. L

She seems fine, colour looks good, eating well, acting normal. On her dorsal fin, and the side of her body there is a white thin curvy line. I think there are three of these. It almost looks like a tiny piece of extra thin sewing thread is stuck on her (i should note that it doesn't hang from...
  15. L

Dwarf Gourami with male Guppies?

I have 2 red flame gourami's with several male guppies in a 26. They're never attempted anything...they seem to get along great
  16. L

What should I have done?

I work in a nursing home. Just play along, no point in upsetting the little dears.
  17. L

New baby

OMG! that's absolutely insane! never ceases to amaze me what those idiots get away with. When i had my twins (1st twin came natural, needed a c/s for 2nd twin) and the nurses removed the dressing over my incision, their jaws dropped. One nurse asked the other "who did the section"?. She said...
  18. L

New baby

Congratulations!! take good care of that wifey of yours, c-sections are not quick recoveries. I should know....
  19. L

Yoyo loach?

I have a yo-yo. I was having an infestation of what i think were pond snails in my 26G. there were literally hundreds of them. So off i went to the LFS to find a solution. The guy (who I generally trust)suggested I get a yo-yo. I made the noobie mistake of buying without researching lol...
  20. L

Identify this plant :) (picture)

Fishorama is right. It's Anubias Lanceolata. I have one of those in my tank. Fabulous deal!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store