Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. FishVixen

Water changes

with 7 tanks yes I enjoy water changes. I do use a python. Buckets get heavy for a 52 yo woman. LOL
  2. FishVixen

Hey

congates
  3. FishVixen

Tank cleaning queries

How often are you doing water changes
  4. FishVixen

Full Tank Shots

I've been eying daffodils for 6 months now but haven't given in yet! Yours are beautiful tanks.
  5. FishVixen

Im disappointed, noone liked my betta really...

Sorry but I just don't get into red bettas, Now ORANGE is a different thing altogether.
  6. FishVixen

Betta lost his mind?

I'm sorry to hear about Vincent.
  7. FishVixen

help with bettas

Remember as betta fry grow they must be seperated and the cost of containers can get you and finding room for those containers.
  8. FishVixen

red gills?

There is high chance it's parasites if your ammonias 0. Is there any way to get a pic?
  9. FishVixen

Very very sad night

Shadow is outside heaven (or whatever you believe everlasting beauty) in a big beautiful field. He's running and playing with all the other animals that are waiting. When your time come he will stop run to your side and you will both enter together, reunited for eternity. Yes call the vets in...
  10. FishVixen

How famous are you on AC? (Stolen From MFK)

5 been active since starting the forum.
  11. FishVixen

2 tanks with different params, why?

for really tight places try a turkey baster. Also the plant die off if you have less plants in the tank to soak up the nutrients will cause a change in water conditions. Try to add a couple more plants.Yes cut back on feeding.
  12. FishVixen

38G Riparium

you DIY holders out plexiglass and silicone !
  13. FishVixen

Looking for cheep Light Ideas for 6 foot tank? LED Christmas lights?

I had 100 on a 55 for 1 day they were way to dark.
  14. FishVixen

What's wrong w/ white block weekend feeders?

I have left my fish go without food for 8 days and they were fine. I had someone come in daily to check the tanks but I didn't want them to be overfed so I told the friend NO FOOD, No food is better than a tank that is overfed.
  15. FishVixen

Hello Everyone!

Welcome Josh,
  16. FishVixen

week after next is filter cleaning time

Good point Jannika, I always put the new one in the tank hidden in a corner 1 month before putting it in the filter.
  17. FishVixen

38G Riparium

Serpaes will nip the angels believe me I've tried. I woke up one morning to find the serpaes had attacked one angel specifically and his tail was gone. They went to another tank like real quick. Ant more thoughts on the rip?
  18. FishVixen

Ms. Jinkzd is officially a movie star!!!!!!!!

ACA put a lot of effort into that promo. I think everyone was great in it. I'm going to try to make it seeing I used to work at a nursing home right across the street from where the convention is being held. I actually seen them building the hotel. Seminary Rd and 95
  19. FishVixen

What Works for Me May Not Work for You

Well okay I'm cheap! buy or accept all equipment used (craigslist) use clip on construction lamps with CF screw-in bulbs water changes 50% 1x week with python I like airstones and bubblers use carbon and change every month do not use medication overfeed feed only Monday thru Friday Firm on...
  20. FishVixen

For less frequent water changes, why not use...

Now ray I've been reading your posts since I've joined and your not new to this hobby you know better. Some newbie going to read this and think they can get away without doing water changes. When you choose the fish you want you need o keep up their water conditions be it discus, goldfish...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store