Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. snupa

steelerfan's 30 Gallon Breeder Journal/Build

Haven't visiting these forums in a while, would you mind updating me and summing up what is going on in this thread? I'd like to follow along but 51 pages seems a bit too much to catch up on.
  2. snupa

Moving on to reef - Beginner questions!

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to get a dip for now. I'm also going to get the ricordeas. Once I get the extra 2 bulbs I'm thinking of getting birdsnest. Maybe some zoas... so many choices! I'll keep you guys posted.
  3. snupa

Moving on to reef - Beginner questions!

Well I think with my sump finished, my tank is stable and I feel ready to move onto moving to a reef tank. I've been reading forums and books and feel just as lost as when I first got into this hobby not too long ago. Anyways I got some questions and I'd love it if the reefers could help me out...
  4. snupa

Need advice on restarting my tank

Addition: Make sure to use RO/DI water as this will limit the excess nutrients added to your tank that could cause cyano!
  5. snupa

Need advice on restarting my tank

Hello and welcome back to the hobby! The reason for your cyano is most likely because of the lack of water changes to your tank. If you remove your live rock, beneficial bacteria will die with the cyano. Your rock will probably have to be re cured before you can place it back into your display...
  6. snupa

How to trap detritus in sump

I've been doing some research on how to trap detritus from getting into my sump. I read about filter socks but I believe they have to be swapped out every 3 days or so. Has anyone got a better suggestion?
  7. snupa

Where do you buy your marine or sea salt from?

interesting. what happened to reefkeeping.org anyways
  8. snupa

Where do you buy your marine or sea salt from?

i buy mine from marinedepot
  9. snupa

Sumps and Stuff

Not that I know of that would be relatively cheap. My suggestion would be to add a ball valve that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes for about $4 so you can restrict the flow that comes out of the pump and into your tank. You will have to play around with the ball valve a bit to get to a point...
  10. snupa

Sumps and Stuff

You gotta read read read. The great thing about building a sump is you can make it whatever you want it to be. Before you buy equipment, read everything that is on Melevs reef (http://www.melevsreef.com/allmysumps.html) this website will really help you understand sumps. After that read the...
  11. snupa

30 Gallon Tall Tank (Pics, Info, Questions) (Not in that order)

I like your tank design if you decide to get T5 lighting the look will change dramatically and you'll get more an 'ocean' look. Anyways, as for your latest question, generally you want to add clowns at the same time and this applies to most fish of the same species. You also want to introduce...
  12. snupa

An Update

Thanks! i plan to post a pic of the full tank once the cyano is gone but its taking over my sand at the moment. Hopefully my skimmer, water changes and less feeding will show effect soon
  13. snupa

I heard those work well, but check out some other options: http://www.marinedepot.com/lighting_fluorescent__subindex-ap.html I have the Aquaticlife t5 HO 36" and really like it. Anyways there are some other options to consider.
  14. snupa

Sumps and Stuff

1. The tank is 30 gallons, tall, with 41.5 lbs of Live Rock. The stock is 1 Cardinalfish and 1 Clownfish. Do I really need/want a sump for this sized tank? Not really, my tank is 38 G and I added the sump so I can further improve my water quality and add a skimmer thats not a hang on back...
  15. snupa

1. Yes you can add more fish. I'd say you could easily add 2 or 3 more small fish that wouldn't make the tank too crowded. These would be blennies, a smaller goby (some get very large so be careful), a royal gramma, six line wrasse - these guys get a little more aggressive so this depends on...
  16. snupa

What is this on my live rock

My peppermint didn't do much against my aiptasia problem. I read that they become more effective when they are fed significantly less so they are almost forced to eat what they find -- in this case aiptasia. Anyways it didn't work for me and neither did Aiptasia X. Aiptasia X worked on larger...
  17. snupa

An Update

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if you guys remembers but I started my saltwater tank around February and wanted to give you guys an update on what's going on. I have a 38 G tank FOWLR and had some new additions lately I thought I'd share. I recently installed a sump and got a flame angel to add to...
  18. snupa

thinking of trying saltwater

I think you might have to increase that budget. You could comfortably set up the tank for $200
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store