Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. carpenter547

Red Shrimp - ID

:popcorn::raspberry::hi:
  2. carpenter547

Red Shrimp - ID

need pics since shrimp size varies by age. even crawdads and rock lobsters were once red and the size of crs :)
  3. carpenter547

Keep the Sentence going!!!

named carr *two rs* was implicated in mass murder because ...
  4. carpenter547

A New Girl, Pygmy Cories, or All?

btw petco has a dollar per gallon sale going on right now :) might wanna grab a tank for cheap ;)
  5. carpenter547

Need some tips on using play sand

this is a 10 gallon tank yeah? if you want sand you dont need to rinse go get some argonite :) it is only one bag needed for a 10 so it isn't that expensive. the rest has been covered. although i have never see any gass bubbles i find that most of the poop tends to not stay on the bottom very...
  6. carpenter547

Crayfish Breeding Questions

crawdads are crawdads let them be :). you want them to mate that is cool and all but, do you have room to raise the young? do you have tanks available for them either in other peoples houses or yours or lfs? do you have a fish that will eat the unhomeable young? crawdads are armored and can...
  7. carpenter547

black sand that meets this criteria?

hey ballyhoo do you have any inverts in your tanks? how do they do with the iron. that stuff your using is actually iron slag so i am curious :) thanks for any info.
  8. carpenter547

black sand that meets this criteria?

i don't think there is any think other than what you have listed. black and various other bottom feeder safe sands seem to be a white whale. as far as water chemestry goes don't worry too much about that since the salt water mix will make fix and keep your water where it should be. on a side...
  9. carpenter547

Your thoughts on the causes of Multiple Tank Syndrome (MTS)

yes yes it would. yes it still applies to those of us in rual areas. not just those of you in mountain areas but us "flat-landers" too. i live in a city with about 3k perm. residents that can get up to a whooping 5-6k in the winter durring a harvesting season. migrant workers and snowbirds. i...
  10. carpenter547

Crystal Red Shrimp

meh don't worry it will get there :) and enjoy the journey.
  11. carpenter547

Crystal Red Shrimp

hey mr bush man you should stop touching your wood this is a family forum and i sure don't need to see that LOL. glad to hear the shrimps are doing good. like i said before shrimps are a lower life form so death is not at all uncommon with them but once they start breeding you will go from OMG...
  12. carpenter547

Your thoughts on the causes of Multiple Tank Syndrome (MTS)

funny thing about psycology... funny thing about psycology is that it attempts to take a very individualized issue and come up with a way to make it applicable to a group and then treat the group. it is a very very soft science. now for the sake of the above the word you are looking for to...
  13. carpenter547

A New Girl, Pygmy Cories, or All?

about the tillapia hey if the tillapia don't make it let me know i have an awsome recipie for cevice totally killer and 2 inches is enough to make a couple tostadas outa :omg::dance2: i would really recomend setting up the 20 high that you have though. it pissed me off to no end when i...
  14. carpenter547

Rare colours??

if you notice one of the constants with the colors is color fastness. personally i think if you would stop washing them on high heat cotton instead just use the handwash setting with some woolite mabey hang them out to dry instead of the tumble you could prolly beat that fading problem.
  15. carpenter547

Molly Gender Ratio

mollies should be kept with about 3 ladies to every male. the more ladies to males the better it is *think chicken coops* personally for genetics i would only use one male per tank. cull the males from the broods of fry's. let the ladies pregnancy's pass *they store spooge enough for upto 4...
  16. carpenter547

If you could build an invert tank, what would you stock it with?

cpo dwarf crays or ghost shrimps or little red cardia or neocardia shrimps. unless blues stay blue and breed blue then blue ones mabey ninja shrimp they change color.
  17. carpenter547

If it aint 200 gallons or bigger you better park it!

bah 50,000 gallons FTW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWHSbu6kLwk you know they have a web site for people with ginormous tanks like you. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com please feel free to go there and brag about your hugeness LOL.
  18. carpenter547

WOO HOO!!!! $1 Tetra Sale at Petsmart again!

i always wanted a 400 gallon tank filled with neon tetras *no joke* :)
  19. carpenter547

thought i would share.

what you mean thing that make babies don't explode? the do in all the movies on child birth i have seen.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store