Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Emg

a few pics from a 50 reef

I've had it for about 2 months now. It eats up frozen bloodworms and snacks on brine shrimp too. I also have a good supply of pods in the tank but I am afraid it's made a good dent in that source...though I do have a HOB refugium on the tank full of rubble and cheato. I have another reef...
  2. Emg

Thanks folks. I really enjoy that mandarin. I held off from getting one for a long time because of the feeding issues they seem to have. I saw this one at the lfs and it was scoffing down frozen blood worms....so I thought I'd give this one a try. So far so good.
  3. Emg

Playing around with the camera this morning and looking through some older pics. Thought I would post a few... cute little toadstool Mandarin dragonet zoanthids orange stripe goby
  4. Emg

Best Fish Store I've Ever Seen -- Hands Down

We have a "WetPets" store here in my area and it's one of the nicer fish stores around here too. Not nearly as large but the staff at the store definitely know their stuff and their tanks are well cared for and maintained. This place looks like a newer store....how long has it been open ...
  5. Emg

The GBRs are growing

Wonderful batch of fry Ponder !
  6. Emg

10 Gallon Saltwater Journal

I'd avoid hermit crabs....they love to pull snails out of their shells...they usually go for the cerinths first.
  7. Emg

Hand Knitted Fish Hats!!!

LOL ! Definitely a market for these things ! I showed it to my daughter and told her I wanted one. I think a catfish with barbels would be cool !
  8. Emg

Coral Substitute Hosts for False Clowns or Skunk Clowns! Plz help!

I find that my clowns are more picky about location than the coral they host in. They've picked the front right side of my tank and any coral I place there they'll host in.
  9. Emg

Bird Watching

One morning my husband and I were at the table around 5am-ish....we glanced out the back door (french sliders) and there were over 20 turkeys playing around out there. Some were jumping up and down flapping, others were picking at thier feathers..some taking dust baths. Must have just woke up...
  10. Emg

Wanting to try my hand at SW!

Folks always say start big with SW......that can be a very expensive experiment. When I started in salt...I started small, with a 20long. I figured I'd give it a try and if it didn't work out then I wouldn't be out much. As it was the live rock alone for that little tank cost me almost $100...
  11. Emg

post your betta pics!

Ok....my daughter "twisted" my arm and made me bring this guy home. He was a brilliant yellow in that awful blue water they put them in at PetSmart. I was reluctant...but since I had some money left on a gift card and they were on sale for 2 bucks....I let her talk me into it. He took a...
  12. Emg

10g options?

I had dart frogs for awhile....3 of them. Very cool frogs and easy to care for if you don't mind raising fruit flies too. I purchased mine from BlackJungle.com...but they were close enough to me that I could pick them up at the store and not have to pay shipping. Their store is located in...
  13. Emg

RAMS - Show me yours I'll show you mine

I have very soft water from my tap (KH of about 60) that runs a PH of about 7.8 on average. I had very little trouble with egg fungus. Most of the time the parents took care of the eggs and fry...for a while anyway. The greatest batch was the first one I ever raised. The eggs were layed...
  14. Emg

RAMS - Show me yours I'll show you mine

I've already posted these pics in another thread here....but Eh...why not again....lol. These are all fish that I have raised back when I had my rams....except the balloons. I purchased those at a local lfs. I love this shot....lol. Female balloon her partner...a very pretty male This...
  15. Emg

What I came home to..

Nice fish ! I've seen the electric blues in my area....but they want over $20 a fish. A bit over my price range...but they are a nice fish ! Hope the spawn works out for you ! Do post pics !
  16. Emg

Best Blue Ram shot

Here's a couple of pics of some balloons I had for awhile...
  17. Emg

Best Blue Ram shot

Nice shots of those rams ! They are one of the nicest fish in the freshwater area of the hobby...IMHO. I don't have any rams right now.....gave my last pair away to a friend in the hobby. Maybe some day I'll try raising some more, but for now I'm deep into the saltwater reef end of the...
  18. Emg

Best Blue Ram shot

Here's another pic of this same fella when he was a bit younger....can see the potential in those fins. You can also see the same bend in the second front dorsal spine. I miss this fish ! :(
  19. Emg

Ram Tankmates

I'd call that standard one a male.....can't say why...it looks male to me. I've raised a few batch of these fish is all I can say about my experience with them. Here's some pics of a male and female that I had...might help. the first one is the female, pretty obvious by the red belly...
  20. Emg

betta breeding

I bred bettas.....once.... I ended up with over 200 fry and just about all of them survived. Most were males so I had to go out and buy enough large cups to hold them and then do water changes on each cup every day. I had a system set up so I wasn't too horribly bad, but you will have to find...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store