Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Jaguar Cichlid layed eggs, no male

I've bred angels and convicts on numerous occasions and never had them lay without a mate. Any reason she would lay without the expectation o a male to fertilize? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Here's some pictures. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Hello all, my 2 year old jaguar Cichlid revealed today that it is a female. She layed eggs on the glass at the rear of the aquarium. She is a solo jag but still layed. There are only 2 other cichlids in the tank, not of which are tiger oscars. Any chance of offspring? This seems early for a jag...
  4. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Site down, other problems...

Is there still other problems from when the site went down? Both AC and MFK will load the main page for me, but if I click on an open thread or post, it basically loads up a blank page. Anyone else know why the site went down? Or is it still doing this to anyone else?
  5. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sooo...

So what's the official reason the site was down?
  6. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Fishboss: yes I will be getting a fish I've been wanting, a replacement redtail cat lol Zigman: thank you for embedding the video! I would have done it but the mobile mode won't let me  Fishboss: yes that video was posted before but now it's embedded for your viewing pleasure lol. And it...
  7. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Man I need to get this thing going! Starting to test some ammonia in my 135g. I did just add 2 more gallons of bio media to the wet/dry tower so that should help soon. Now I have 10g of bio in the wet/dry now and the RDSB. should come back down. Also my 16" redtail cat died unexpectedly. It's...
  8. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Thats unfortunate, it works for me on my phone, but maybe not on the pc right now? I dunno
  9. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_hT6JUCeU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  10. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff390/smnkm4ehfer/3bb4269c.mp4
  11. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Ok, did the test, it did 5g in 8 seconds. That's 2250gph! I'm excited to see that result as I was told it was only a little over 1000gph. The best thing is, this pump will have almost zero loss from head. It's head is rated at 8m and has the ability to pump up to 30.5m! Agh!
  12. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Btw, If my math is right, this thing should put out around 1170gph based on what the label says... That seems very very low for a pump of this size, am I missing something?? I still haven't done the real world bucket flow test, which I will today, but at the current number it should, in...
  13. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

A lot of money? Yes most likely, but were you talking about the heater or my daughter? Cause either way I'm sure they're gonna cost a grip lol. And Spencerguy1, welcome back to the thread! And thank you very much! Update on my lil girl, HEALTHY AS CAN BE. I'm serious, I'm so blessed...
  14. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Ok update! I got my heater and pump today!!! Here's my big pump, there is a quarter ther for size comparison And here is a detail on the specs And here is the 1000watt heater next to the pump Part list is slowly coming together
  15. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Lol that's funny and nope not single, got an old lady and 3 kids, just a really nice and understanding lady lol
  16. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

cleaning an acrylic tank

Clr fir acrylic? Isn't that a moderately strong acid?
  17. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Lol my phone doesn't even show a post count at all. I still hate the "mobile friendly" version. I have an iPhone, it should load this site normal but they changed something and now it doesn't work right. But whatever...
  18. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Ya let's see, 40lbs of water per bucket Half of a 500g system = 250g 50 buckets needed Total of 2000lbs of water carried by hand? Ya no I'm good lol
  19. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Thank you very much! And yes she is quite the little project! Working 10hr days 7 days a week and a newborn at home? Ya, I'm exhausted! If I had the rime to work on the tank i wouldn't be able to lol. But I'm still gonna get parts together, and plans set, so when I do get some "free time" all...
  20. ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Finally a BIGGER tank!

Lol my electric bill is already $1000 without my discount! Luckily tho I am tearing down my garage fishroom in order to set this tank up, had to compromise with the Mrs. 
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store