Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Mudfrog

Plants and Severums..

Just a little update. They left them both alone for around two weeks. The Anubias was growing fairly well until they ate it to the roots. Five large leafs and stems. They only picked at the Java Fern, but I cannot see where it is even starting to grow new roots. The leafs are looking pretty...
  2. Mudfrog

Plants and Severums..

Thanks for the help guys. I picked up an Anubias Congensias and thin leaf Java Fern last night at Petsmart. They only had one of each in the larger sizes so I'm going to give these a try, if they work well then I will pick some more up. I used thread and tied both to separate pieces of...
  3. Mudfrog

Plants and Severums..

My days of multiple tanks are long gone. I'm down to this tank and that's how it's going to stay.
  4. Mudfrog

Plants and Severums..

I'm trying to find some plants that my Severums will leave alone. I'm in need of basic plants that require little to no maintenance. I've always used duckweed and frogbit as I like how it looks and gives cover. I bought enough duckweed to completely cover the top of my 125g and my four...
  5. Mudfrog

Severum question..

Pittbull.. what is your male to female ratio? One of them is iffy if it's a male or female. It's still only around 3" or so but it is the dominant severum. It even pushes around the male severum that is larger than it is. Of all the cichlids I've had I have never had a female dominate a...
  6. Mudfrog

My severums

How large is the small one? At what size do their fins start filling out? Mine are still juvies.
  7. Mudfrog

Severum question..

I purchased 4 green severums that are now old enough to sex. It appears that I ended up with 1 male and 3 female. Will there be any aggression issues in a 125g with 1 male and 3 female? I'm debating on keeping all four or waiting until two pair up and selling the other two females. What...
  8. Mudfrog

Mudfrog's 125g

Added two Botia loaches.
  9. Mudfrog

Where's the "freshwater slacker" forum?

Of the 4 Severums that I picked up the largest male picks on the other 3. The rest of the fish leave them alone and vice versa. Great looking tank!
  10. Mudfrog

Mudfrog's 125g

Reserved for Moon Light pic.
  11. Mudfrog

Mudfrog's 125g

12. Mudfrog

Mudfrog's 125g

About a year ago I lost all of my predators in a week long power outage (my main fish were over 5 years old). Since I had to start over I decided to do a community tank this time around. Most of my new fish are 6-9 months old (Severums are 2 months). Below are the specs for my community...
  13. Mudfrog

how do you lower nitrates?

Water changes are the only real way to remove Nitrates.
  14. Mudfrog

Cascade 1200

I would go for the 1500 from Amazon and you would still be saving money.
  15. Mudfrog

What readily available fish would you add to this tank?

The severums are growing well. I'd say they put on about an inch or so since I first picked them up. My Syno decorus are getting larger as well, I rarely see them.
  16. Mudfrog

What readily available fish would you add to this tank?

Here are a few pics.. forgive the crappy quality. I bought a new camera and it absolutely sucks at taking pictures...
  17. Mudfrog

Are my severums breeding?

The parents will eat the white eggs.
  18. Mudfrog

Are my severums breeding?

Yes, the white eggs are dead and the brown / grey eggs are fertile.
  19. Mudfrog

Stocking Ideas for a Rainbowfish Tank? Thoughts?

Two of my Australian males are around 4" and they are starting to get fairly tall. What is the max size for these? I've read 4" - 8"...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store