Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Fyurae

10 gallon riparium??

I have done philodendron (almost the same as a pothos) trimmings stuck in my betta tanks before. Works great. I didn't even plant them, they grew like crazy, developed long soft roots down into the water, and my betta was more active and visible thanks to the cover.
  2. Fyurae

Plant ID

my gut tells me its a non-aquatic fern.
  3. Fyurae

My favorite LFS (lots of pics)

The employees don't, but the original owner is happy to feed you a line of crap.
  4. Fyurae

Betta in hospital

I just stumbled across some articles, and I think he might actually be considered a rosetail. I bought him as a double-tail, but he's not really a double-tail. I think that might be the cause of the whole issue. he's never been a good swimmer.. it basically looks like someone trying to swim in a...
  5. Fyurae

Betta in hospital

Like I said, I am going to make adjustments before he goes back in. I am doing complete water changes twice a day, actually. I don't have any other place to put him, except back in that same tank. And even with adjustments, I'd rather he be alone for treatment. I thought that salt baths helped...
  6. Fyurae

Betta in hospital

My double-tail betta got himself royally messed up the night before last. It appears he managed to get himself caught in the filter intake. He's in a 5 gallon with an internal filter, the type that are often used for reptiles/amphibian tanks. I think he's going to make it, since he's still...
  7. Fyurae

Second-Hand Fish

It didn't seem to hurt the fish at all, but I couldn't get it to dry out enough to stop making things slimey. It coated my plants with ooze and choked them off. It was only in the tank for a couple of weeks, and that was months ago. So I wouldn't recommend anyone use freshly-cut grape for their...
  8. Fyurae

Second-Hand Fish

Just checked on my tanks this afternoon to find that the gourami had died. I was gone all day yesterday, but he was fine Wednesday. I actually spent quite a while Wednesday night watching him blow bubbles. It's a bummer, especially since he is the fish I have had the longest. But I also have no...
  9. Fyurae

Second-Hand Fish

Been a while. First, the small tanks. (Note: all the pics are quite yellow, but I didn't care enough to take the time to fine tune the camera settings.) The hex is back on the desk next to my computer again, where it started a year ago back when it was my only tank. Right now, the only...
  10. Fyurae

Dwarf Gourami Breeding

Ah, thanks for the info. I didn't know betta eggs sank either! But I have experience with cory eggs. After all that work, the male proved to be disinterested in maintaining the nest and it fell apart the next day. I was pretty sure they had spawned, but maybe not. Anyway, since I am not really...
  11. Fyurae

Thoroughbreds for Adoption

Sorry, I should have been more specific--my comment was in response to what Dixienut said. I do wish you good luck with finding homes. I happen to be riding an off-track TB right now and he is a wonderful western pleasure and trail horse. The versatility of the breed is on your side.
  12. Fyurae

Filter question

Yeah, get some Prime and get water from the tap. If it were me, I would buy a filter of the appropriate size for the new tank, set up the tank and cycle it. You can jump-start the cycle by squeezing mulm from the old filter and rinsing it in the tank water, so the cycle will only take about a...
  13. Fyurae

HELP ASAP! - Dwarf gourami looks very bad

I agree that he doesn't look sick as much as afraid for his life. Maybe rehome him? Or try to catch the aggressor in action.
  14. Fyurae

Thoroughbreds for Adoption

Maybe people shouldn't be breeding animals at such staggering rates... Of course, you can't trust most people to keep themselves from unwanted pregnancies, let alone have the foresight or wisdom to prevent animal overpopulation.
  15. Fyurae

Hello

Whoa. You have 93 fish in 3 ten-gallon tanks? Welcome.
  16. Fyurae

Removing wigglers

:owned: Yes, I think a turkey baster is the way to go. You could try putting them in a net breeder so that they get water flow.
  17. Fyurae

Dwarf Gourami Breeding

regular. At least the male is.
  18. Fyurae

Dwarf Gourami Breeding

A LFS
  19. Fyurae

Dwarf Gourami Breeding

I checked on them again and they are looking fine now. There are definitely eggs in the nest, but its hard to get them to show up in the picture. They look small and yellow amongst the bubbles.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store