Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. RBoydIV

Removing Hair Algae

Yeah i had a bad break out of it. Had 12 amano shrimp and they would not touch it put two rosy barbs and it was all gone within a week and hasnt been back. But now i have two fat rosy barbs I didnt plan on, ohh well
  2. RBoydIV

Removing Hair Algae

Is it BBA or Hair algae ? BBA is much harder to get rid of. Rosy barbs worked great getting rid of hair algae for me. More CO2 is the only way I have been able to get rid of BBA.
  3. RBoydIV

apistogramma-bitaeniata or apistogramma-agassizii double red

No, they wont dig up your plants. Cave help if you want to breed them. The female will like to have shelter to hide in.
  4. RBoydIV

apistogramma-bitaeniata or apistogramma-agassizii double red

I would go with the bitaeniata just because they are less common. Both require very clean water so dont get lax on the water changes. Neither should be a problem with your plants, Apistos do great in planted tanks. You should be fine with a pair of either in a 20g.
  5. RBoydIV

Mini-Animal Fantasy Tank

Ultimate Pelagic Tank Sailfish Wahoo Dorado Yellowfin Tuna Blue Marlin The Dolphin(dorado) would be so awesome in a tank. They are gorgeous in the water.
  6. RBoydIV

Front seemed to have stop eating pellets

They will eat flake but dont seemed too excited about it. They will eat frozen foods. I dont think they are sick. I have heard about adding garlic juice to the pellets but dont know if that will make them sick. I recently sold 4 of the fronts i originally had 7. Almost like they are depressed.
  7. RBoydIV

Front seemed to have stop eating pellets

I have 3 Juv. fronts in a 75 with Calvus and Comps. I have had all of them together since they were fry. Raised them on New Life Spectrum and they all ate it fine up untill a couple months ago. The Calvus and Comps eat the pellets fine but it seem the fronts have stop eating it. They take...
  8. RBoydIV

WTB Doubel or Triple Red Apistogramma Cacatuoides - IL

I bought from apistodave a received dead fish twice and he refused to refund my money and cursed at me multiple times through email. Not a nice person and packaging was below sub par. Finally got it back through pay pal after months. I just got some beautiful borelli opals and trifasiciatas...
  9. RBoydIV

soo excited got a new emperor cichlid(Boulengerochromis Microlepis)

hope you got a really big tank. http://www.predatoryfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?979-Emperor-Cichlid-Boulengerochromis-Microlepis. Heres a great thread about keeping these.
  10. RBoydIV

125 gallon questions

Just realized i was reading an old post haha. Guess my two cents are a little late.
  11. RBoydIV

125 gallon questions

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Canister-Filter-External-CFS-500-GPH-60-100g-/110703377694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c66f7d1e#ht_2028wt_802\ Check out this link to a canister filter on ebay. I currently have one running on my 75gal and its almost too much flow. I think it and the...
  12. RBoydIV

My Gibberosa "kitumba" zaire blues

I will see what I can do. She just got the camera so she is still new to using it. I was thinking about just borrowing it and seeing if i can figure it out. It will be hard to get her away from it though, she takes it everywhere since buying it. Wish I had the skill to take some sweet...
  13. RBoydIV

I need help with my planted aquarium

Im no expert, but Iron is good for plants. I know a lot of the ferts i use have iron in them. It helps that are suppose to be red get that color. You can also buy tap water conditioners that will take metals out of the water. Just my 2 cents.
  14. RBoydIV

My Gibberosa "kitumba" zaire blues

Thanks, got lucky and was able to find some actual Zaire blues. Now if i can just get them to breed.
  15. RBoydIV

Sticking Black Foam Board On Back Of Tank

nevermind. If you cut it perfect it will slide right in and fit with any adhesives. Looks great and only cost me 3 bucks. Should have done it along time ago.
  16. RBoydIV

How often to clean inside of Eheim filter?

I second using the batting. Got some from a local fabric store for $5 a bag and replace it every other month in my Eheim. Makes cleaning it a breeze. I still have half a bag and is over a year old.
  17. RBoydIV

Sticking Black Foam Board On Back Of Tank

Anyone know a good way to stick black foam board on the back of your tank with out it looking horrible?
  18. RBoydIV

What is this odd looking "worm" in snail tank

Usually means over feeding. No worries about them though. Like said above gravel vac and water changes.
  19. RBoydIV

What is this odd looking "worm" in snail tank

Looks like a planaria to me.
  20. RBoydIV

PLant ID. Please Help

Looks dead on. Thanks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store