Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. hage0245

2 questions...multiple canisters & melting wisteria

As far as the EI dosing, would a low tech low light tank require 1/3 of the normal dosing? As in once a week instead of three times a week?
  2. hage0245

Every two weeks, 50%. The wisteria was established for about a year and I thought it was a very hearty plant that wouldn't be this negatively affected by a missing nutrient. I used to change once a week but I've been real busy lately. Since wisteria is a fast grower, can I assume it is also...
  3. hage0245

I am hopefully going to start the EI method soon, but I don't know if I should if I stick to low/medium light and no CO2. I don't want the CO2 to be a limiting factor. I will restart my DIY CO2 (everyone says that DIY in a 55g does nothing, but I had two bottles running that I changed every 10...
  4. hage0245

1st off, thanks in advance for your advice. I have a 55g, planted, ~25 platies, 7 Amano Shrimp, 3 albino cories, 1 BN pleco, dwarf sag, and amazon swords, and wisteria. I have two Sunsun HW-302 canister filters, one 200W heater, one 300W heater set at 76 degrees, I dose Flourish Excel and...
  5. hage0245

Big goldfish-how do I keep the water clean?

It's great that you're asking for advice in this situation. Most people that get a goldfish leave it in a bowl and forget about it. To reiterate what people have said, goldfish are messy fish. They produce a high amount of waste. Do you use a gravel-vac when you do water changes? A larger tank...
  6. hage0245

Update after half a year

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!! They are Amazon Swords, the leaves are quite narrow for some reason. I cannot believe they grew back after how terrible they loobked. For the wisteria, I would wait until the offshoots grew enough roots (2+, a couple inches long) to support themselves...
  7. hage0245

very tiny white worms?

I want to say Planaria but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Often a sign of overfeeding. Fish eat them. When I had them, my platies would literally hunt them down.
  8. hage0245

Update after half a year

It's been months, and I doubt many/any of you remember me, but my last thread described how I accidentally killed off all my plants while trying to control a staghorn algae problem. I ended up cutting my swords almost all the way to the base, my wisteria looked like a bunch of bare stems...
  9. hage0245

SunSun Canister for 20g - too much?

I have that exact one (Sunsun HW-302 I believe) in my 55, along with an Aqua-Tech 55, a Penguin Bio-Wheel 200, and a small powerhead. My CO2 is diffused into the powerhead so I can't say too much about how the Sunsun will do with CO2, but I can say the filter is awesome. "Too much flow"...
  10. hage0245

Hallo!

Welcome to the forum!
  11. hage0245

UGH!!! These snails!!!

Sounds like pond snails to me. Many people see pond snails as pests, but in fact they are the opposite. They rapidly reproduce when there is an abundance of food, so they are a sign of over-feeding and waste. They actually do a tremendous job cleaning up the excess waste and left over food. If...
  12. hage0245

Rescaping my 55G

.......Which one..........?
  13. hage0245

DIY CO2

I just use bakers. I got it at the grocery store, it's called 'active dry yeast' and keep it in the fridge to extend it's shelf-life. I replace each 2L bottle after about a week, and at one teaspoon per 2L, the little jar of yeast lasts a long time.
  14. hage0245

Greetings

Ha! But really? First post?
  15. hage0245

open to suggestions...

Your tank looks really nice! I'm impartial on the bubbles, and a background would really bring focus to the 'scape and not the wall. That Sword is not large at all. With your lighting and rich substrate that thing could double in size. How long ago did you upgrade your lights? Is that a 48"...
  16. hage0245

55 Gallon Planted

Looks good! Is that a Flourite substrate and a Sunsun canister filter? I'll bet the mid plants will fill out nicely.
  17. hage0245

Amazon Sword + 20:1 Bleach Solution

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I have another question concerning this issue. I decided to apply the "wait and see" method with the plants over the past week or so and they have slowly been melting. I took all the plants out for a trimming today, in the hope that it would trigger some...
  18. hage0245

New Substrate and New Questions!

The otos are also probably stressed from your tank overhaul. Are those rocks new or recently cleaned when you cleaned the glass? If not, they probably have some algae growth the otos are eating when the lights are out. Blanched zucchini, spinach, and cucumber would work well too, give that a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store