Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. T

HELP!! Dwark neon rainbow and Violet Goby very sick!

The gobies were in their own tank, the dwarf came out of the 180.
  2. T

UPDATE_ the goby passed away today. The smaller one is still alive and seems ok minus the fin rot... Any info on keeping him and the rainbow alive would be helpful
  3. T

My 180 has been stocked for a while and all of a sudden my neon rainbows turned darker and died overnight. A few days later the betta had the same issue. ph is around 7.2 no ammonia or nitrite and the nitrate was about 80. I did a water change and treated the tank with Maracyn +, its been two...
  4. T

HELP!! Sick dragon gobies!

Hank day one- Treated last night, he was still alive this morning and upright.
  5. T

HELP!! Sick dragon gobies!

So I screwed up on purpose (as usual) and got 2 really sick dgs from Petco (they gave me one free that was really bad...). I brought them to my lfs for a better idea of what was wrong and got fungal infection, hemeroging (I think), and red spots. I set up a hospital tank and they're being...
  6. T

green wolf eel has dark spot/scrape on tail?? please id

I appreciate your input Buddy. I mean no disrespect, but since my first post I had said that I screwed up and im aware of that. Im looking for help to try to fix the problem, not keep hearing what i've done wrong.
  7. T

250g has arrived!!

He's soo friggin cute!!
  8. T

I said I didn't think it would cause it. Im not doubting you, clearly I dont know or I wouldnt be asking. I just dont like the fact that everytime I post on here you seem to chastise me for my past mistake. If this is the case do you know how to fix it?
  9. T

I know what I should have done back when I set up mytank 3 months ago... I said that I had made a mistake. I don't think this has any relevence since he's been fine since the first week.
  10. T

So today I noticed Charlie had a wierd dark spot on his tail, looking closer it almost looks like a scrape but im not sure... look familiar to anyone?
  11. T

Fish names Just for Fun

african rope fish- Toby red eared slider- Reptar irredescent shark- Billy (the fainting goat shark) 2 crazy weather loaches- Davie Jones and Punch Betta fish- Noco Tacagawa Xray tetra- Ed Gaines dwarf puffer- Peeps oxidized looking platy- Oxy Green wolf...
  12. T

new Ropefish not eating/lethargic HELP!!!

thanks! He's staring to be more active. He's been nibling at the frozen blood worms and tubifex worms, no luck on the algae wafers tho... ill keep at it
  13. T

new Ropefish not eating/lethargic HELP!!!

I just got a ropefish on wednesday. He was fresh out of the bag from Africa and he doesnt seem to be doing so good. I have yet to see him eat and he looks dead all the time... He tries to cuddle with my weather loaches too (lonely??). Should I order 1 or 2 more so he has friends?? Any good...
  14. T

Dinosaur eels at the Superstore

The bichirs at petsmart are tiny! they're only about 2-2 1/2 inches long and they market them as "eels", the web site gives an eel care sheet for them... I love polypterus but they DO and WILL eat anything that will fit into their mouths. Mine was tiny when I got him and quickly spung up to 7"...
  15. T

first big tank, advice??

thanks guys! I added my 4 mollys, 2 small bala sharks, and large snail (also a large dead crayfish for 48 hrs) I now have slight amoonia (.25ppm) so I took out the cray fish. the poor little fish look petrified in the huge tank lol not used to the room I guess. Waters clearing up, just waiting...
  16. T

first big tank, advice??

im reading 0 ammonia 0 nitrItes and 0 nitrAtes though, wouldn't I want at least some nitrAtes to know if my tank was cycling before moving them? my 55gal is currently SKY HIGH in the NitrAtes, not sure if its cuz i took out half the decor or what, they were at about 40 like 5 days ago, now...
  17. T

first big tank, advice??

I just set up a 180g wide for my irredescent shark. I filled it 3 days ago, conditioned it, and started the filter up (fluval fx5). I added bacteria starter, and a bunch of stuff from my existing 55gal tank including bio-material, gravel (covering only 1/3 of the bottom so far), decaying...
  18. T

Pangasius catfish Q's

ph is high acording to the drops. the dip strips always read about 7.0-7.2 but the drops are saying around 7.8. I've tried ph down but it never seems to make a difference? I always used to just add tap water to the tank before, in the 180 ill be testing and adjusting the water first (granted I...
  19. T

Pangasius catfish Q's

We got him when he was 2"-2 1/2" knowing nothing about fish tanks or anything. He was in a 20 gal coffee table tank, but within a month I fell in love and got him the 55 gal... now I just got the 180 and we're working on setting it up (lol yes im in love with my $5 fish). I just switched to...
  20. T

Pangasius catfish Q's

I've had my pangasius cat, Billy, for over a year now. He was upgraded to a 55gal tank 8 months ago, yet he's still only 6". I've heard that 1year old pangasius should be 10"+. I just purchased a 180gal. tank for him because im afraid of him stunting/becoming unhealthy. I really love my stupid...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store