Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

a silly game!

2. A

ich/velvet

I had an out break of what I thought was ich while I was away for a few days..Figured out that it was velvet and not ich.. Ended up wiping out all fish in my tank but I still have 1 blood shrimp, 3 peppermint shrimp and snails(turbos,conch's and nassarius) If I leave the tank empty for 8 weeks...
  3. A

Building a 2693 gallon saltwater fish Tank

I think with that kind of weight more than just a concrete slab will be required.. Im thinking this will be full on structural like you are building a house because its gonna weigh as much as a house.. Gonna probably need a full foundation under that slab...
  4. A

Building a 2693 gallon saltwater fish Tank

I will be foloowing this also.. That size of tank would be awesome although im sure it will be alot of work also.. Are you scuba trained for when cleaning time arises??LOL.. Good Luck... Shane.
  5. A

Help with ID

I will try and get better pics of them
  6. A

Help with ID

Majanos, thats the big anemone?? or all the little small ones...
  7. A

Help with ID

Thanks OrionGirl.. Are any of these bad for my tank, Im FOWLR, the stuff on the rock came with the LR.. Is it ok to leave in there?? Shane.
  8. A

Help with ID

Just trying to figure out what hitchhikers Ive got here.. Ive got 4 things on this one piece of LR that Im trying to ID.. First pic shows yellow blob, not sure at all what that is.. Last pic shows all the rest, about middle of pic is larger anemone?? I think?? Then there appears to be a...
  9. A

New tank arrives Friday!!

Well I would rather be safe than sorry Greech.. Like ya say nothing good happens fast, right.. Ya the rock was well cured by the LFS.. It is pretty amazing looking stuff, there is some color starting on the base rock but definitely nothing great as of yet. Maybe I will hold off for another...
  10. A

Ya probably 80lbs of it was just base rock, its the Marco base rock. I then added 20lbs of live rock thats the 6 pieces on top. I added about 100 pellets all crushed up.. They were about 1/3 the size of a pea. I have my porcupine puffer at the LFS, I took him back there till this new tank was...
  11. A

Ya I was thinking it was a sponge possibly.. The tank is ready now, checked my param's and ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0 and nitrate is at 5.. They were all zeros monday, I added some food on tuesday and ammonia went to about 1, never saw any nitrite at all then last night the numbers were al...
  12. A

My SW tank updates :)

Im with gordonw, you have some of the best profile pics Tabi...
  13. A

Oh ya the ATO is great.. So easy to setup and has worked flawlessly.. Not sure what any of them are.. Im pretty sure they werent aptasia so I wasnt too worried about it. It also has a large yellow 'blob' of something on the back side of the rock, not sure what that is either.. I love eggcrate...
  14. A

Ok heres the pics as promised.. Shane.
  15. A

sand in salt mix

I figured that I/O would be good stuff.. I mix it overnight with a powerhead and a heater and run my salt at 1.022. I will start testing alk at calcium to make sure its ok.. Shane.
  16. A

sand in salt mix

Been doin 50% water changes on my 20Gal long tank, been noticing little bits of sand floating around the bottom of the tank after a water change. Is this normal? I would think that any sand in the salt mix would be considered 'filler'? Is there a salt mix that doesnt contain any sand or is...
  17. A

Well the cycle is pretty much done I think, my ammonia is at 0ppm and nitrite was at .5 last night and nitrate was at 80 and is now down to 40.. I added some chaeto to my sump to help control the nitrates. Gonna add some pure ammonia over the next few days and make sure it goes away before...
  18. A

Ya I was looking for one of those but found a garbage can for like an office that was the perfect size.. It holds about 3.5 Gals and fit right in the spot I had for it.. ATO is working like a dream now... Shane.
  19. A

Another quick update, the cycle is coming along, ammonia was at 3ppm last night and nitrite was at .5 Got the ATO stuff installed into the sump and got the controller in too.. Still looking for a suitable container that will fit in/behind the stand for the top up water.. Shane.
  20. A

Its very quiet, all you hear is a slight trickle of water in the drain pipes. Its just basically a modified LFS setup. Most of them just hace the strainers straight in the back oc the tank or a 90* elbow. I tried it first with the strainers pointing up but it was noisy with the water flowing...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store