Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. flyfly

Ich treatment with salt

Thanks for the link, Ballyhoo. Its not the one I remember, but its still a good resource.
  2. flyfly

Ich treatment with salt

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knows where the article that nursie mentions is at now. One of my tanks came down with ich and its been so long since I've had it that I dont remember the specifics on how to treat it. Plus, if I remember right, that article was like the holy grail for treating...
  3. flyfly

aquariumplants.com electronic regulator

I can vouch for Rex Griggs. I picked up a regulator from him about two years ago. Spendy at about $300, but probably one of the best investments for my tank to date. I told him what my setup was like, talked about future plans, and he custom made one for me. I consider it superb quality. I...
  4. flyfly

wheres the inbalance? hope you can help...

Alright so after a brush up on diffusers/reactors, Im definitely leaning more towards diffusers. Ive found a few that look great but was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I checked out a few on aquaticmagic and they have great prices but Ive read a few bad reviews, especially on the...
  5. flyfly

Great input guys, thank you very much! So I'm looking at increasing co2 to 30ppm and possibly looking into a new diffuser. I've never heard of a drop checker, I'll have to look into that too. And for ferts, I need to up my dosing. Possibly using EI? This is great feedback. To explain...
  6. flyfly

Here's those pics. I took some before my weekly maintenance to show how dirty it gets, and some two days later to show the algae (and tank) in more detail. Honestly, that's how bad my tank looks after roughly seven days. :thumbsdown: jpappy- I calculated the CO2 based off the chart that came...
  7. flyfly

As far as algae goes, take your pick. green spot thread algae staghorn algae red brush algae and blue-green algae but yeah, Ill work on getting those pics up right now
  8. flyfly

Hi guys its been a while! I haven't posted many questions lately, but I have this issue I just cant put my fingers on. Ive had this 55g setup for a few years now and in my latest incarnation for about two years. My problem is this: My algae is horrendous, lol. I could black it out for a...
  9. flyfly

sand with gravel question

since its the smaller particles that work their way down as opposed to the larger particles working their way up, I could definitely see the sand working its way through the holes in the plastic. Im not quite sure how the plastic sheet will affect this, but I think its highly possible that over...
  10. flyfly

rubbernose / bulldog pleco q

just to update, I came downstairs this morning and found him stuck to the side of the cucumber. All is well, it just took a while.
  11. flyfly

Thanks guys. I think Ill just keep trying and stay persistent with the feedings. Ill probably try a zucc next after this cuce is gone, and keep the tank peppered with misc worms after lights out. Cant do much harm, the bluegill is a pretty good worm finder. :) Thanks again
  12. flyfly

Thanks for the response ABC! I just have a few questions: How do you administer the zucchini? And how long did it take your pleco to eat sinking foods? Do you administer everyday? with the cucumber, I first tried rubber-banding it to a rock by his hideout, but that didnt work. Then I tried...
  13. flyfly

Hi guys, long time no post. I picked up this pleco from an lfs for a non-heated tank in my living room. Now that he has the tank walls pretty clean, Ive been experimenting with other ways to keep him fed. So far Ive tried blanched/sliced cucumber, sinking pleco wafers, and bloodworms and...
  14. flyfly

angel breeding pair Q

heh, nice. thanks guys
  15. flyfly

angel breeding pair Q

Just wondering... is it common for breeding angel pairs to disband and seek other partners? I have a pair that has been spawning pretty frequently in my show tank, getting pretty good too. But after the last spawn was done, the male started hanging out with another female (who already had a...
  16. flyfly

suitable bags for moving

good idea
  17. flyfly

Oregon and Gar, do they mix?

ive seen gars sold all over the place from eugene to portland
  18. flyfly

suitable bags for moving

for fish that big, I would probably use plastic totes. those are a LOT safer than bags in this situation. one thing to note is that you need to leave adequate space for air/gas exchange.. so dont fill the totes to the top with water.
  19. flyfly

Is play sand ok to use

yeah, you can use play sand. just remember to clean it well. but if youd rather use pool filter sand, you can always find it at spa/jacuzzi stores.
  20. flyfly

Tank Pictures ?? Lets Have A Look

okay, Ill bite. I havent posted any pics in a looong time. heres my 55g south american tank (kinda dirty but oh well..) and heres a lil excert from it, it looks like we got some keyholes, angels, and pencil fish in it and oh yeah, love the angels DD :D
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store