Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Da plant man

Like my facebook page and help me win a bet.

Bump! Just found out somebody who owns a small time aquascaping tool company (and sells some moss too) said he might give away some awesome things if we reach 1,000! Keep those likes comin'!
  2. Da plant man

Bump! I need to up the pace somehow if I am going to get 1,000 by new years!
  3. Da plant man

weird white cyanobacteria like growth on glosso

Almost like that? It is quite normal for driftwood to get it. Unless you start seeing livestock die, I wouldn't worry about it. More of an aesthetic issue more than anything. Oto's and plecos LOVE the stuff.
  4. Da plant man

For every 100 likes, I am going to do a random lottery, you could get live food (micro worms + vinegar eels) or some stem plants + moss. Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!
  5. Da plant man

Hello, most of you might not know me here, I lurk here a lot, but I am mostly active on plantedtank.net. Recently, my brother and I made a bet. If can get 1,000 likes on my facebook page, BEFORE the new year, he will give me $100 to spend on the aquarium hobby. I need all the help I can get. I...
  6. Da plant man

My summer fishing pictures.

Found out its just a crappie :) Went fishing today, I took pictures, I will upload them later. Just sunfish, blue-gill and the like. I want to fish for bass (I see at least two, I think they are largemouth) but I just need to get around to getting the proper gear :P It was just catch 'n release...
  7. Da plant man

My summer fishing pictures.

Okay, so this fathers day my father and I went out to try a new fishing hole that we have never gone to. There are large-mouth bass, bluegill, other members from the Lepomis genus, trout, and salmon later in the year. I live on the columbian river, and can go fishing just down the road from my...
  8. Da plant man

Another tetra school ok?

It all depends on the tetra ;) I would say; Yes. Black neons would look good. Have you seen chili rasboras (Boraras brigittae)? I would say you could add maybe even 10-15. IME they like the stay on the top more, which would give the tank a more "lively" look but they are also tiny, but have so...
  9. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

Ah, true. I will most likely be adding the angel fish later too. I will figure it out later :P see what my LFS can get in. Thanks everybody! I mostly just wanted to run stuff like this by other people because I never know what could be wrong. Thanks!
  10. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

I will, your like the fifth person to tell me to say hi. Then she tells me to say hi to other people too. Like when I met Gary Lange :) I could keep green neons, I would be afraid the angelfish would eat them. I'll bump up the number of angelfish (they will most likely be the last fish I add)...
  11. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

Then its settled! Thanks guys!
  12. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

I would prefer a pleco, I like oto's but I like plecos more :) I also have Barbie Fiorentino (Mod on planetcatfish) as my LFS owner :) I already have four b/n plecos, I figure I would just transfer one of those to the 55g.
  13. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

Thanks Razzle! Soo... 5 honeycomb catfish (Tatia purugiae) 20 rummy nose tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri) 2 angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare) One "dwarf" pleco. TBD 6 'double flame' apistos (Apistogramma cacatuoides) 10 hatchets (for top level??) That better?
  14. Da plant man

Stocking a 55g planted!

Alright, so I have been more of a lurker here, and more of a posted on plantedtank.net. Anyways, I figure since you guys deal more with fish, and not aquatic plants, I figured I would ask here on stocking opinions! Honestly, I just love the planning stages of an aquarium, and I love helping out...
  15. Da plant man

First shrimp tank!

Looking good! Nerites don't reproduce in freshwater, they eat GSA and are very cool looking. I am getting some Crystal black shrimp tomorrow in the mail and hopefully some taiwan fire reds in the near future. Good luck, and good job!
  16. Da plant man

Hello!

Hello! Some of you may already know me from Plantedtank.net's forum, I am a active user (used to be called Caton, now my username is Da plant man). Anyways, thought I would join here, see what advice I can get, and what advice I can give. Just thought I would say hi. -Caton
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store