Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. L

WTB Koi Fish

Finishing up a 1,500 gallon pond. Looking for 5 koi fishes to stock it with- preferably less than 5" (I wanna watch them grow! :p). If you can give it out for free, that'd be a perfect birthday gift (yes, its my bday today!) or pay a small fee. I can pick it up somewhere within 1 hr of Bristol...
  2. L

Do you know your shrimp?

I see a sexy lady.
  3. L

Terrible, disgusting display of fish at large chain store.

I have a Petco, a PetSmart, and a Walmart near me that sells Betta fish, there's a PetSupplies plus but they only have a few fish tanks and don't sell bettas. The containers (and shelves) looks awfully like Walmart's. The containers in my Petsmart has color coded covers with the type of (I'd...
  4. L

DIY Clear spraybar for just $5

Yep. it's running in my tank right now. Connected into an Aquaclear powerhead w/ Co2 in the intake.
  5. L

How Much Do Red Cherry Shrimp Cost at Your LFS?

$5 a piece. CRS are $20 each. Their shrimp tanks look a bit empty. I wonder if people do actually buy them. I'm tempted to ask them if I could be a supplier.
  6. L

DIY Clear spraybar for just $5

Needed a spraybar to get rid of the dead spots in my planted tank. I've seen alot made of white PVC pipe but I really didn't like the color of it. If not hidden well, it looks ugly. I went shopping for materials and here's what I ended up with- all for as little as $5 The clear pipe is...
  7. L

Breeding German Blue Rams?

From the reading I've done in the past: Blue rams will not mate simply because you have a male and a female in tank. They usually pair up while still young (juvies) For breeding, it's best to keep them in soft water. Provide a flat stone for them to lay their eggs on (sometimes they dig a hold...
  8. L

You will not believe this: Arapaima Gigas in our stormdrain

Ahaha the woman in the video is so cute... "um um um um ummmmm!!" then giggles. Lol.
  9. L

Does Petsmart take in unwanted fish?

Thanks for the input! I'll go back to that same fishstore sometime this week and check what varieties of rams or apistos they have. I'm no expert in fishkeeping yet, but I think its time to could give these more-advanced fishes a shot.
  10. L

Finally found an independent aquarium-specialized store that agreed to take my Mollies! I was surprised at the number of tanks they have and the varieties of fishes they offer. Came home with 10 harlequin rasboras, 8 neons, and 6 cory habrosus. After acclimating, I put them in the 20g where the...
  11. L

Craigslist Outrageousness

I was reading the info and found nothing wrong with it... What's the "really" for? Then I read the title... oh wow. haha
  12. L

Is it legal to sale RED AROWANA babys

According to the Supremacy clause: the federal law is "the supreme law of the land." **Altria group v Good, 555 U.S. 70 (2008): "a federal law that conflicts with a state law will trump, or "preempt", that state law". **Maryland v Louisiana, 451 U. S. 725, 746 (1981): "state laws that conflict...
  13. L

What's his name?! Any ideas yet?
  14. L

Sorry for double posting but maybe you should try feeding it with it's normal diet. If you found that size of a fish in a drain, chances are theres more smaller fishes to be found... containers, holes, etc.. You don't want to shock the guy with "new things", he's still acclimating to his new...
  15. L

I think you did the right thing by not "releasing it back into the wild". First of, you don't know which lakes or rivers have these monsters. You might be the one starting an ecological disaster. And secondly I feel bad for the fish... after seeing what looks like ruptured mouth from gigantic...
  16. L

weird weather lately here, what about by you?

El Nina ("the girl") - Rainy and wet La Nino ("the boy") - Hot and dry I learned which one is which by... well when a lady gets mad, she becomes cold. When a man gets angry, he's hotter. Hahaha, no offense.
  17. L

I'm not aware of any local fish store around my area- but there's a Pet Supplies Plus close by which I think is a chain store as well, but definitely not as big as Petsmart. I might try going there first.
  18. L

I'm trying to plant a tank currently occupied by Mollies (and babies) with HC. But everytime I wake up in the morning, I end up replanting them.. I can't put them in my other tanks since either cause they will eat/be eaten by the other occupants. And I don't think they'll survive in a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store