Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. homedog98

10 Gallon stocking advice?

Thanks for the responses! I will see if my apartment is okay with a 20L and if so I'll try to do that, but the consensus I'm getting here is that the plan for a 10 might be a bit overambitious. I had a 29 a few years back and the weekly water changes destroyed me so this go round I'm trying to...
  2. homedog98

Another stocking question... sorry!

I agree that you would be fine to add the cories! I also support returning the tiger barbs, as they are not in a school and will likely get nippy especially with that betta. They can be kept in communities but would do better with more aggressive or faster tankmates without long nippable fins.
  3. homedog98

10 Gallon stocking advice?

Back into the old account and back into the hobby! Moving into an apartment soon and planning a 10 gallon planted and could use some advice on a few things: 1. Stocking. This is my current list. Aquaadvisor says I'm looking to be potentially overstocked but I wanted to get some...
  4. homedog98

HELP! My gourami is laying on its side and cannot swim straight!

Welcome to AC! Changing the filter media is not a good thing to do in this scenario.. Do you know what cycling is? If so, do you know what your water parameters are?
  5. homedog98

Hello from NWMO

Welcome! :)
  6. homedog98

ADF resting up top a lot?

Thanks for the replies! I'm definitely looking into getting him some friends, and I'm glad to know that he's ok. Since he's in a tank by himself, I haven't had any problems with feeding him. What type of veggies would you suggest if I were to try that?
  7. homedog98

ADF resting up top a lot?

Hey guys! My mom brought home a friend a few weeks ago... It was her boss's african dwarf frog. It had been the sole surviver of her son's 29 gallon tank disaster, and she was tired of having an empty 29 gallon with only a frog in it. She knew I kept fish, so she brought it to me. She had been...
  8. homedog98

abscessed spider bit...

i got one on my leg. first couple days it just hurt... then it got really red and puffy. then it turned purple. Then it started streaking up my leg, and we went to the hospital and got it drained. it sucked, but after it got drained it stopped hurting. hope yours feels better! :)
  9. homedog98

looking for some fish ideas

personally, i think 8 would be overdoing it with my footprint. it also might overwhelm the pleco... and that's a big nono IME.
  10. homedog98

Thanks for the offer... But i have no intentions of getting rid of her. I always thought the minimum for Kuhlis was 3, as they group more than they school, but i definitely agree with the cories. So it sounds like i'm going somewhere like this: 6 black skirts 6 cherry barbs 3-6 kuhlis or 6...
  11. homedog98

I honestly don't think the cherry barb notices she's the only one lol, but i guess i should do the right thing if you really think it'd be best. Still open for other suggestions though, I'm curious to see what else is out there. I like the sound of cories and khulis... You think maybe I could do...
  12. homedog98

Wow it's been a while haha. Well, the 29 sort of went through a problem phase from some steps I skipped early on. Either way, everything has settled down now, and after some pretty harsh losses (mostly in the plant department :P) it's time to restock smarter this time. Here is the stock as it...
  13. homedog98

new betta with eating trouble?

picked up a new betta last week. bought betta food, and when i got home realized i had bought flakes rather than pellets. not wanting to bloat my new friend i've been attempting to feed him the new life spectrum pellets i feed to my other fish (thera A formula if it matters). he's been spitting...
  14. homedog98

how many angels to get? about 35G tank

The one inch rule is useless ;) I would go with about 6 more danios and 2 more ottos to fill out your school, and leave it there. Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  15. homedog98

Buying Bettas

I've always been local. The online ones are beautiful, but I hate seeing the little local ones in their cups. Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  16. homedog98

My new girl :)

congrats!
  17. homedog98

Peppered Cories in 6.5 gal

+1... 20 gallon minimum for a proper school of those guys Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  18. homedog98

Hello

Welcome! :) Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  19. homedog98

my mistake......

Snails can re-grow pretty much anything without too much trouble. I say he'll be back to normal in a week or two. Just keep your water clean so nothing gets infected. Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  20. homedog98

FAVORITE BOTTOM DWELLER THREAD!!!:)

What are your water parameters? Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store