Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. johney66

Cyst/ whote spot on Pleco eye. Please help...

I looked over the tank and haven't seen anything on any of the other fish. Here are a couple better pics.
  2. johney66

Cyst/ whote spot on Pleco eye. Please help...

I noticed a day or so ago a white spot on the eye of my common pleco. Then today it looks as if there is a cyst or something there. The tank is a planted 55gal that has been established for about 5 years. All the fish in this tank have been together for several years except for 3 molly's I...
  3. johney66

FREE Free Gold Fish - local PU only.

5" Orange and White gold fish, free to good home. I bought him as food for a Bichar when he was smaller but the Bichar got full off the other 2 and never ate him. Then he got too big and now he eats all my plants and is just too much of a presence in my community tank. Located in Arlington TX...
  4. johney66

Is this dropsy???

Just an update, I have been treating the tank with Maracyn Two for 3 days and ALL the fish in the tank seem to be doing better because of it. Fish I didn't even suspect of being sick are now more active and "perky". The red streaks in my albino Pleco are disappearing, I believe the swollen...
  5. johney66

Is this dropsy???

Thanks for all the replies. I believe there may be a few things at play here. I changed 50% of the water yesterday. I still think there is a touch of dropsy according to the description found here: http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/information/Diseases.htm#Dropsy Or as suggested above, a...
  6. johney66

Is this dropsy???

Actually, I did fall off my cleaning schedule for a couple weeks due to a back surgery but I changed about 50% of the water yesterday. Should I treat with "parasite guard" just as a precaution or add some "melafix & Pimafix" and/or salt? I don't know if it makes any kind of difference but this...
  7. johney66

Is this dropsy???

When my algae eater died he did look like a swimming pine cone but it started out slowly with just some swelling which lasted for some time so I thought he was just maybe getting "fat". It started off with what these fish kind of look like. My pleco's do have armor plated scales (I have held...
  8. johney66

Is this dropsy???

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. A few days ago I had a Chinese Algae Eater die from what appeared to be dropsy. Now (maybe I'm just paranoid) but I think my other fish may be getting it too. Does this look like the beginning of dropsy to any of you? I hope it's not! Thanks in advance...
  9. johney66

Albino Rainbow Shark with swollen belly

Thank you for your response MaiaDee. I hope it is that simple as well. I couldn't find anything when I Googled it. I'm glad you did. Since I treated for parasites and he is still the same and he has been that way for a few months I tend to believe it is just what you stated. ("in the wild, there...
  10. johney66

Albino Rainbow Shark with swollen belly

Hi, my albino rainbow shark has had a slightly swollen belly with a slight greenish tint for some time now. I'm not sure what it is or even if its anything I need to worry about. I though it may be internal parasites so I treated the tank with Tetra Parasite Guard and it's still the same. Is he...
  11. johney66

Identify This Cory Please?

That's what it looks like. Nice!
  12. johney66

senegal bichr nipped

I just saw this thread. How is your bichar doing? If it is just the fin i wouldn't worry too much but if you notice more nips something may have started thinking it's a chew toy. If the edges of the nipped area start to turn white I would put him in a hospital tank if you have one available...
  13. johney66

Angelfish eggs keep turning white

The divider I bought from PetSmart, the fish do see each other through it and sometime skirmish at it but when they were in the same tank without a divider they fought and still fertilized their eggs... I have cut back from using two filters to one. The males seem to be following right along...
  14. johney66

I hope this is the case... I'm not sure what you mean by feeding to condition them?.. I feed them mostly flake food with occasional blood worms and sometimes a veggie like cucumber, spinach or sea weed. Since the tank has a divider in the middle to separate the 2 breeding pair I was afraid the...
  15. johney66

Is it possible that the both pair of parents or the tank itself has a fungus of some sort? I looked this morning and some of the eggs have hatched into wigglers. About 7% of the entire clutch...
  16. johney66

That's what I thought too at first but they've been in the new tank for about 2 months now... And if the eggs weren't fertilized wouldn't they be turning white before 24 hrs and all roughly at the same time or at least in a uniform order in the order they were laid?
  17. johney66

Hi everybody! I've gotten so much good help here and now unfortunately I need more... So, I had a couple pair of angels laying eggs in the planted community tank and they were always good viable eggs. Only a few would turn white and the rest would hatch to wigglers but the angels would...
  18. johney66

Angelfish and Serpae tetra's - a good idea?

Hi Dave! First I would like to say SWEET 125!!! Your sword is nice, I am soo jealous! my sword just won't grow well. :cry: Anyway, in my planted 55 community the tetras (serpae and vonrio) don't really seem to bother the angels much, now the angels in there are about half dollar size but they...
  19. johney66

Angelfish Breeding Question

I have had a few batches of little angels myself (well not me but my fish :lol:) and there are a few things to consider. The first batch will be ready to wean off of live food before the recent batch so you may have a few of the newer ones try to eat the flake and it lodge in their digestive...
  20. johney66

Mystery Snail Eggs

If they have dark spots then they're fertile. If they were only in the water for a few seconds then I doubt they drowned. If they haven't hatched out in 6-7 weeks then they may not especially if they haven't even developed dark spots in them. (I have some that are 2 months old that I am still...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store