Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. E

red cherry shrimp qestion

...so why don't you just move the snails to the loach tank?
  2. E

My 20H paludarium; FBTs and fishies

It's java moss, christmas moss and flame moss. The java moss isn't doing so hot on land but the other two are. It's on top of silicone with either sand or eco-earth pressed into it, or the part that juts out into the water is actually another piece of slate siliconed to the bottom of the rest...
  3. E

PVC Measurements for a 55 River Manifold

I wouldn't glue them together...I made something similar for brewing (a false bottom manifold with PVC) and the ability to take it apart and clean it is indispensable. Different application, obviously, but it'd still be a nice luxury to have. PVC fits in elbows and Ts really snugly.
  4. E

Show your shrimp bowl!

...beaten to that joke
  5. E

My 20H paludarium; FBTs and fishies

Figured I'd show off my tank a little, after months and months I finally have it more or less done and clicking on all cylinders as it were. The trim was taken off the bottom of a standard 20H because it's on a counter that's 12" wide...it would have stuck off too far without it. I added more...
  6. E

I just watched my Amano shrimp give birth.

They don't breed in brackish water, brackish water will kill adults. The adults breed in freshwater, then right after birth the zoea float downstream into brackish water where they grow, and then finally swim back up into fresh water.
  7. E

My turn for a shrimp ID

I usually am on here from work, and a lot of picture-hosting sites are blocked. I'm finally seeing this thread from home...I expected a bit of green, but WOW. Hopefully that breeds true. They're gorgeous.
  8. E

Shrimp dying, everything else (including snails) fine

Well, a week in and at least 2 of the ghost shrimp are still alive (they're **** hard to find), and I haven't seen any dead ones. So that's good. Yesterday I put the mother of all Amano shrimp in, keeping fingers crossed.
  9. E

calling all electricians

The adapter should have two ratings - the voltage and the wattage. The voltage will need to match the lights - if they're all 12v you're good. Each electrical device will also use a certain amount of power at 12v (volts is the strength of the power). As long as the power requirement for your...
  10. E

CO2 refills.

Look into fire protection stores, welding supply companies and homebrew stores. If your local homebrew store doesn't do it they can probably tell you the best place to go.
  11. E

Craigslist Outrageousness

If you don't have emeralds in your substrate you're a n00b.
  12. E

Just a guinea pig, no fleas there. I forgot to mention that I put a packet of Purigen in a few days before I put the last shrimp in. I just put a few more ghost shrimp in yesterday after doing a big water change with Stress Coat. We'll see.
  13. E

The heavy metals theoretically shouldn't be an issue, because I handle the water in both tanks the same way (and the tank the shrimp survive in was started with a bunch of water and filter media from the other). Nitrates are low in that tank, especially since I've stopped adding more as...
  14. E

Ah, I hadn't found Prime as a possible culprit. I thought it might have been the CO2 Booster (API's version of Flourish Excel), because I'd found threads where that may have killed shrimp...but I've since stopped using it (went to DIY CO2, but at a very slow rate, and with the air stone going...
  15. E

So this is a problem I've had for a couple of months and I'm about to the point of tearing my hair out. I have two tanks (well, 3, including the girlfriend's betta tank). The "big" one is a 20g with a canister and UV, and the other is an Ebi. Both are heavily planted. In the bigger tank I...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store