Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

Military

Do it I joined the Marine Corps reserve at 17. I have been doing this for almost 9 years. If you can handle the yelling, the negative comments, and push through any of the services boot camp it will make you a better person. my only suggestion is pick an occupation that has a good civilian...
  2. C

Play Sand clouding my tank.

the best thing I ever did for sand was buy a sieve. I rinse the sand one or two cups at a time till water is clearand tank clouded up a little then was clear overnight. 55 gal planted
  3. C

What is the oldest fish you have owned or currently own?

I had an oscar for 12 years and a pleco for 8 years 55 gal planted
  4. C

Homemade Sponge filters

I used a hydor sponge on my diy pvc sponge filter on my 55. it was cheaper at my lfs than the sponges I would have needed from lowes. I cut 5 slits in pvc about 1/4 in wide in pipe put a cap on bottom and slid some weights inside pipe to hold it down and it has worked fine 55 gal planted
  5. C

my 55 gallon led planted

thanks I just put it together with spare parts to see how well led lighting will work on plants Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  6. C

my 55 gallon led planted

so here is my 55gal. it has two rab lighting 26w led wall packs for outdoor use they are rated at 1816 lumens, 5169k daylight. the substrate is pool filter sand, the driftwood is from my pond, it is held down with plexi glass. the sponge filter is diy with a sponge from a hydor v and 3/4 pvc...
  7. C

my 37 gal goldfish

the reason I do major water changes is that there are alot of pieces coming off the driftwood thst float on the water or sink to the bottom so I do a huge water change to get em off the bottom and net the floaters Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  8. C

my 37 gal goldfish

currently I have a 40gal filter and I plan on upgrading to a 60 gal after I find it in my stuff. I want to put a canister filter on it but not sure which one would be best. any suggestions? Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  9. C

iso smaller plecos

thanks, I am planning a 55 gal and was just wondering about some smaller plecos. Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  10. C

my 37 gal goldfish

of course its not my phone is jacked up and doesnt send all of my text. this is a start up until I get my 75 up and running for the wife. Im sorry for the inconveniance. the driftwood I found while fishing and this is the only tank I own with the height enough for this piece. it is pretty...
  11. C

iso smaller plecos

im looking for some plecos that stay between 4-6in. are there any? has anyone had any experience with any? Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  12. C

led light question

I have 2 led outdoor wall lights, they are 26w led, 5169 k daylight output, 1816 lumens. I want to put them both on a 55 gal tank. would they work for low light and med light plants? if they dont I want to use them on an unplanted tank. Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  13. C

my 37 gal goldfish

this is my 37 gal gdfish tank. I have 4 fantails in there at this time. the driftwood is from my local lake soaked in the tank for 6 weeks before adding fish. I did a complete water change every week. it has one stem of cabomba for now, I may add some bacopa later. Sent from my SGH-T959 using...
  14. C

Where do you buy your fish

I shop at Aquarium in knoxville tn thay are amazing Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  15. C

10 gallon safe to use?

strip the silicone and reseal and it will be ok I have a 10gal that is 20yrs old that I know of resealed it once about a year ago. Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  16. C

Homeless Toad

yea a pic would help, and most american toads only need water to breed. I had an american toad for 2 years with green anoles until he started eating them. Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  17. C

plaster in aquariums

thanks for the help Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  18. C

plaster in aquariums

has anyone used plaster to make a background or decorations? did you use sealants paints etc? Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  19. C

Are crayfish escape artists?

the only way I could keep my crays from escaping after my wife stepped on one in the middle of the night is to use a solid screen top I used for reptiles and I still find them in between the top trim and the screen in the lip of the tank. after I put them back in the water they stay for a week...
  20. C

best small pond turtle

I would consider eastern painted turtles. females get from 8 to 10" and males stay between 6 to 8". I have kept several over the years and they do real well. Sent from my SGH-T959 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store