Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. V

I give UP fishing keeping!!

I have never killed fish despite knowing nothing when someone gave me a few feeder goldfish they no longer wanted several years ago. I now house my goldfish in a 1000 gallon buried stock tank outside they are thriving and reproducing.I have 3- 40 gal and 1- 100 gal community tanks with all live...
  2. V

FYI Home Depot selling T5 HO 48" fixtures

It was HO takes two 39 watt bulbs it had a sign below it on the shelf that said "New Item". Only problem is they only had one size not a selection in HO just the 48".
  3. V

No they do not sell the bulbs I went to the fish store for the exact mix I wanted my plants have improved already after a week of use.
  4. V

I was looking for some inexpensive lighting options and while at Home Depot I found a 48" dual 54 watt bulb T5 HO fixture for $40.It was posted as a new procuct. I bought 2 and now have 216 watts for my 100 gal tank for 80 bucks plus the cost of the bulbs. You have to wire and custom mount them...
  5. V

HELP!! High Nitrates in my well water

We drink bottled water but cook and make coffee and tea with it. I called our county gov. and it appears they don't really care about our water on private land from wells they don't even have any testing they will do. It is kind of funny since here in California they seem to care just about...
  6. V

Well I broke down and bought a RO/DI system now I have to figure out what to do with the purified water! With the high PH hard well water the fish are used to I am really unsure of exactly how to condition the water to put back in the tanks. Equalibrium? ph buffers? phosphates? feel like I need...
  7. V

I just figured out I have not been doing the API nitrate test correctly I was not shaking the test tube for 60 seconds my 37 and 100gal newly cycled tanks have nitrates at the high end of the test color. I read some tap water can be high so I tested my well water :yuck:and it is just as high out...
  8. V

FS FS - EASY plants - val nana, hornwort - Santa Rosa, CA - Ship

I am interested also I am located in Davis please contact me vleisme@hotmail.com Vicki- Thanks
  9. V

FS FS BIG SALE! Colorful and Easy to Care for Plants PU (94133) or Shipping

Hello FrenchFry I would like to buy some plants can you e-mail me? What method of payment do you take paypal? Thanks Vicki @ vleisme@hotmail.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store