Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. BucketFish

Blue Jaw Triggerfish not eating

Update: tried clams, no success. Tried ghost shrimp. Success...once they slowed down, that is. Too fast for all 3 triggers and the moray! I guess they'll get the hang of it... But...I CAUGHT HIM SNEAKING FOOD! He actually eats a lot, he seems to wait for his turn I guess.. I think I've got it...
  2. BucketFish

Blue Jaw Triggerfish not eating

Looks healthy&happy, swims around. I've had him over a week now and I haven't seen him eat once! Weird for a "Piggerfish," my Humu and Niger would eat a cheeseburger whole if I dropped one in the tank. Any suggestions? Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  3. BucketFish

Uh-oh.

I have a 55 gallon running right now with plenty of live rock, live sand, 3 young triggers (1 niger, 1 humu, 1 rectangle humu). Planned on upgrading to a 90 gallon in 6-9 months. Friend gave me lionfish. Lionfish die. Friend feel bad...bring me snowflake moray eel, about 8 inches now. Eel...
  4. BucketFish

BUCKETFISH'S new 40B update

Hey guys! Happy holidays to all of you! Somehow, some way...somebody at the North Pole REALLY screwed up, or they ran out of coal and only had scuba diving lessons and canister filters left :) Even though I can swim pretty daggon well...I am SOOO SCARED.Have any of you guys gotten certified in...
  5. BucketFish

Valentini Puffer in a 40B ok?

Thank you Khemul, those are some interesting points I hadn't considered. Homicidal how? Like becoming too stressed and releasing a toxin that kills the tank, or just eating everything...? The damsel is actually a lot friendlier than the others I've had before. The scissoryail is a big chicken...
  6. BucketFish

LOL The damsel's a jerk alright, but I don't think he should give the puffer much trouble due to his size. Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  7. BucketFish

Considering adding a Valentini to my new 40breeder FOWLR setup. The current livestock I have in there now: 1 emerald crab 1 Scissortail goby 1 damsel Everything I've read says I'm good to go, but wanted to ask you guys first...
  8. BucketFish

Recommendation on a canister filter for 40b

I think I want an HOB skimmer. I have a 3' clearance but that sounds HUGE. I have been considering an Eheim or Fluval canister. Need more feedback on that...not very familiar withthe models you suggested, I wanna buy this thing ONCE so I dont mind spending up to $200 on it...what is a "decent"...
  9. BucketFish

Any tips for training?

I agree with Zaffy. And as a professional dog trainer, I'd like to add this: 1.) Do not judge a new guy for incompetence or misunderstanding. Be clear and simple with what the job is and how it needs to be done. Make him repeat things, no matter if it's boring. Constuctive criticism is good...
  10. BucketFish

Recommendation on a canister filter for 40b

Hey guys I've got a stand and top for my 40breeder now, I need to decide on lighting, a canister filter (spacial purposes) and a protein skimmer. Any particular ones you would recommend? Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  11. BucketFish

Best fish for kids?

Yup it's true ask the parents... I had to negotiate the betta with my brother in law... Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  12. BucketFish

Best fish for kids?

I just did a 2.5 gallon glowfish tank with my neice but we put a really pretty betta in it! The glowfish tank is cool because it fits on a bedside table and has neat LED lighting...great 'nightlight' pet! if the kids are going to do a tank together, I'd suggest a 20 gallon tank, some neon tetras...
  13. BucketFish

Battling with Xenia coral.

I added a small peice of Xenia a few month ago. Did a water change the other day and noticed that it is taking over another live rock. I don't want it to. What do I do? Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  14. BucketFish

Lights&top for a 40breeder.

Oh, and, sorry for all the busy-ness in the picture LOL the room it's sitting in is our old music studio...under renovation right now...one time me and the band got drunk and wrote all over the walls....we're repainting this coming weekend :) Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  15. BucketFish

Lights&top for a 40breeder.

ok, I've officially decided on doing Saltwater for the 40 breeder. This is going to be a FOWLR tank. Here is what I'm working with so far... What you're looking at: 40breeder tank with stand, the box in the left hand corner is an overflow box I plugged with PVC...very bad drilling...
  16. BucketFish

Saltwater options for a 40breeder...

Ok, I hate to say it, I really do...I feel like such a spoiled brat...but freshwater is not my thing. I'm going salt with this tank. Soooo...I've got this 40breeder built&ready to go, just needs water and substrate and a cycle and I can start....i think... I need help. I can't seem to pick an...
  17. BucketFish

Damselfish high-five??? Secret handshake??

damsel #1: (new one) on right Damsel#2: top right Sent from my SCH-I800 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  18. BucketFish

Nope, not the only fish...there's a clown, royal gramma, firefish, and some gobies in the reef too. The gobies all seem to live under one rock together (the Yasha's not always thrilled about it..) and the clown is kind of an oddball about his territory. This damsel is my final addition for now...
  19. BucketFish

Recently dropped a second damselfish into my biocube 29....once both of them met, for about the first 5 minutes of being in the tank...the two damsels would stare, circle each other...and then do this thing where they would rub on each other, slap tail fins and circle around...this did not go on...
  20. BucketFish

New pics! Wizard of Oz FW tank, updated Biocube!

Funny story about that yellow brick road: I couldn't find yellow gravel anywhere, and went on the web looking for ways to make my own. Turns out Krylon Fusion spraypaint is aquarium safe. so I used white gravel, sprayed and let dry for 24, rinsed it a mill I on times amd built the road. Sent...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store